Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  MS Office expert
30970729

Hello its me again.I Have two tables,"Fleet Registrations"

Customer Question

Hello it's me again.I Have two tables,"Fleet Registrations" and "Table 1" both with fields named "Registration" "Aircraft Type" and "Airline" , when I enter the Aircraft registration into "Registration field" in "Table 1" I want it to autofill the fields from the table "Fleet Registrations" . The reason I,m doing it this way is because I can download block information from the Web and copy and paste into the "Fleet Registration" table,so when I take a photo of an aircraft I can get it to Aurofill. Any ideas please?
R Griffin
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional, ItPeter a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert,

Can you attach the database here or upload it to a file-sharing website so I can have a look at it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry the files so big I always have problems uploading it,but would be gratefull if you pointed me in the right direction of how to solve my question.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Without first seeing the database and its interface, it would be difficult to point you in any direction.
If the file is under 5MB, you can try attaching it here.
If it is up to 100MB, you can use a file-sharing website like www.wikisend.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert,

It seems the database did not attach as I am unable to download it from the link.
Can you try again, or try uploading it to a file-sharing website?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://wikisend.com/download/346764/Database1.accdb

I've cut the Database to the bear bones,and a lot of error message will come up,but this should give you an idea of what I'm trying to acheive. I want to open the "Data Entry" form and when I type in a aircraft registration I want it to autofill the "Data Entry" form fields(Aircraft Type and Airline) from the "Fleet Registrations" table.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I ment to rename the field "Company" in the "Fleet Registrations" to "Airfraft Type" to make in easier but forgot,hope this is not to confusing.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert,

I've had a look at the database and yes, it would be possible to autofill the fields from the data in your "Fleet Registrations" table.

To do this in Access, select "Queries" from the main database window and select "New."

Then select "Design View" and select both the "Table 1" and the Fleet Registrations tables.

Add all the fields from the "Table 1" and "Fleet Registrations" tables.

Create a relationship between Aircraft Registration field on each table - drag the name from one table to the corresponding name field in the second table to create the relationship. Save your query.

Go to your data entry form and edit it in Design View to add the fields you want to include.

View the form and test it by entering an aircraft registration in the first field. The rest of the fields should populate automatically if the first field already exists in your table.