Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
19897260

"Access denied" in WordPerfect 15

Customer Question

Has a solution been found for the snide "Access denied: you have no rights to do this" box that pops up every time I try to save a document. It's a fairly new problem, and getting worse. I have WordPerfect 15.0.0.528.

I've tried the usual thing: opened the "Properties" box for each document to make sure it's not "read-only"; I don't use Dragon Voice Recognition with WP 15 which has apparently been a source for this annoying little box.

I'm out of ideas, and the WP forums don't seem to address it.

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is Dustin and I am here to help..

Im goiing to assume this is only happening in wordperfect, if its happening in word, or notepad, or any other program let me know.

Lets do a full removal of wordperfect down to the registry level. The free tool below is excellent at doing that

Please download the free version of Revo from the link below

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Once downloaded. make sure to run the file, to install Revo.,

Revo is an uninstaller tool, that works much better then the built in windows uninstall tool. Once installed, run the revo program.

Using revo, click on and remove word perfect.. when the box pops up, click advanced.

It will first run your normal windows uninstall .. Once thats finished.. the box will still be up.

click scan, and the delete all it finds.

Then click scan again ( if it offers) and delete all it finds.

Then.. restart the computer.

And then reinstall wordperfect.

Let me know if you get stuck at any step, and if this doesnt fix the error, i will contiinue to help you.

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the submit button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to submit your rating and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin