Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn.

When I receive email it goes into my inbox and deleted items.

Customer Question

When I receive email it goes into my inbox and deleted items. How do I fix this ?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to help

Question, what type of computer are we working with. A mac, or a windows xp, vista, or windows 7 computer?

Also, what email program are you using, outlook 2003, 2007, 2010,

Or office for mac, mac mail, thunderbird, etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows 7

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Evette.

Also, what email program are you using, outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, windows live mail 2012 desktop, thunderbird, etc..

Or.. Are you only using Internet explorer, or mozilla firefox to access your email online?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Outlook 2007

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

One last question before we start to fix the issue.

The problem your having, is it that when a new email comes in, it automatically goes to your deleted mail box and not your inbox?

Or...

It goes to both your inbox, and your deleted mail box and makes two separate copies ,one in each place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It goes to both. and I have two messages, one in my inbox and the other in

the deleted items.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Lets try two easy fixes first.. If they dont work, then we will do some more in depth repairs.

First, close outlook

then

Please press the windows key on your keyboard , hold it down, and press R

( the windows key is two keys to the left of your spacebar)

now type in

Outlook.exe /resetfolders and hit enter on your keyboard

outlook should start.. It may still have duplicates from before, but send yourself a message, and see if the new message makes duplicates. If it does,

Then close outlook , and repeat the process with this new command

( the windows key is two keys to the left of your spacebar)'

now type in..

Outlook.exe /resetnavpane and then hit enter

Outlook should open again, send your self a nother test message.

Are the messages still going to both inbox, and deleted items folder.. ?

You can get back to me on this same question, the same way you have been doing.. Just send me a reply.

Or..

Log into JustAnswer.com, then on the Top right, click on my questions

Then, click the "reply to expert" next to my face..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

tried both options email still going to inbox and deleted items.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

Lets see if you have any rules set, which might be causing these duplicate messges.

Open outlook, then next.

1. In the Navigation Pane, click Mail.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Rules and Alerts.
  3. If you have more than one e-mail account, in the Apply changes to this folder list, select the Inbox that you want.
  4. In the list of rules, select the rule that you want to delete.
  5. Click Delete.

***Note..**** If you dont have any rules, or if you have more then one rule set already , let me know. You dont have to delete them until we discuss them, just wanted to include the whole step above for posterity.

Let me know if you have any rules set already, Thanks Evette.

Or..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I already have lots of rules set to go to inbox.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
One of those rules, is corrupted..
And is causing everything that goes to your inbox to be duplicated..

So at this point, its a process of trial and error.

You can delete all the rules, and start from scratch.

Or , you can try manually deleting the rules one at a time, and seeing which one solves the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ihave deleted all the rules sent myself and email and the same still applies.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
After deleting the rules, I should have mentioned to close outlook, and reopen it.

if that doesnt clear the issue, and your still getting duplicates.

Sometimes antiviruses are known to cause this issue to, if email scanning is turned on.

What antivirus are you using, AVG, Norton, Mcafee, Kapersky, Eset, etc etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

kapersky

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!

We need to completely disable email scanning with kapersky.

check the link below.

https://support.kaspersky.com/kis2012/settings/mailav?qid=208284830

On step 4, make sure to uncheck all three boxes relating to scanning email.

Then, once you have disabled the scanning through outlook. You then have to go into kapersky settings it self, and disable the outlook plugin.

Also, on the settings, mail and antivirus page of kapersky.. pull the switch all the way down, and completely stop all email scanning with kapersky.

Then, close outlook, open outlook, and test.

Hopefully, this resolves the issue. If it does not, then I will have to get back to you a little later today. As its 530 am my time, and I need to get a few hours rest before I start my shift at 930 am.

Thanks for your patience Evette, and good luck!

Or..

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dustin, thanks for all your help my problem has been solved.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me Evette, and glad to hear the issue is resolved.

if you need anything further, let me know.

Dustin S.

In the future if you need anything you can ask me specifically your questions at my profile link on Just Answer..

Make sure to ask the question through the box on my page, and also, Start it with For D.Sandlin Only

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-dsandlin/