darkshadowin
darkshadowin, Network Administrator
Experience:  I am network administrator with over 7 years practical hands on experience and knowledge.
33059174

On Excel, what setting do I use to print lines between cells

On Excel, what setting do I use to print lines between cells and rows?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  darkshadowin replied 1 year ago.

darkshadowin :

Thanks for choosing JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you this evening.

darkshadowin :

In Excel there is a button on the tool bar that you would press after highlighting all of the cells.

darkshadowin :

This is located on the Home tab in Office 2007 and 2010

darkshadowin :

So you would highlight all of the cells that you wish to have borders.

darkshadowin :

Use that button to add the border you choose (using the drop down arrow) and then print as you normally would.

darkshadowin :

4 IMPORTANT THINGS (please read them)

1- Please select a rating on the rate my answer button, so I can receive credit for assisting you!

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated.

5- Even after rating my answer, if you still need assistance we can continue the process.

You can always reach me directly at
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-networkdoc/

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.

Customer:

Take me a few steps further. I'm still not getting the lines. I'm not concerned about a border. I want rows and cells separated by printed lines so it is easier to follow.

darkshadowin :

Okay so you want each cell surround by a line correct?

darkshadowin :

like this

darkshadowin :

Or something different?

darkshadowin :

Or like this?

darkshadowin :

Are you still there?

Customer:

Yes, I am.

Customer:

I don't see anything except words such as "like this" "or something different" "or like this. I just want gridlines.

darkshadowin :

I placed images into the chat. I am guessing they didnt show up.

darkshadowin :

The way to add the grid lines is the following.

darkshadowin :

In Excel on the home tab at the top there is a button that shows grid lines.

darkshadowin :

It is underneath the font and to the right of the B I U buttons.

darkshadowin :

It is to the left of the font coloring buttons.

darkshadowin :

There is a drop down associated with that grid button.

darkshadowin :

Press the arrow on the grid button drop down. The drop down menu that comes down says Borders.

darkshadowin :

At the botton of that list you can choose More Borders.

darkshadowin :

The borders that this refers to is the Cell borders.

darkshadowin :

This is where you will choose what specific lines you wish to have drawn on the cells.

darkshadowin :

There is also a choice in that menu called "All Borders" if you choose that border setting it will place grid lines around all 4 sides of all cells that you have highlighted.

darkshadowin :

This is the proper method of adding grid lines to your worsheet cells.

darkshadowin :

4 IMPORTANT THINGS (please read them)

You can always reach me directly at

Customer:

There is nothing between the

B I U buttons and the font coloring buttons.

Customer:

There is no Grid button.

Customer:

Ah, I found a Borders icon to the extreme right of the Font buttons.

darkshadowin, Network Administrator
Experience: I am network administrator with over 7 years practical hands on experience and knowledge.