sudipto_dutta, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting

Hi there. After I saved a Word file I could not open it again.

Hi there. After I saved a Word file I could not open it again. When I tried yo re-open it went into Document Recovery and it kept appearing as a recovered file but could not be opened. A menu appeared that instructed to close the program. I scanned my laptop for virus but there wasn't any virus. Please advise me what I should to open this file because I have important data in it.
Thank you for asking your question today. It would help us to know:

-What is the name of the operating system, that you use?

-Which version of Microsoft Office product you are using?

-Do you installed any software, just before the problem started?

We’re looking forward to hearing back from you soon!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,I am using Windows operating system that came with the HP laptop. I use Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,Waiting for your solution.
Please open Word 2010 and then try to open the file from the program and let me know the result.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Same problem. It says Microsoft has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Do you installed any software, just before the problem started?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No. I was just working on the Word document. Is there any way I can send the file to you and you open it for me and saved it under another file name and email it back to me? If it can be done it would be most helpful. Thanks.

You can use, to send the file to me.Just open the link below and upload your word file and then paste the download link here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago. Heng Employee Handbook.docx Heng Employee Handbook.docx

Please download the file from the link below and let me know, if you are able to open it or not.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much. Yes, I was able to open it. You saved me a lot of agony having to re-do the whole document from scratch. Your help is much appreciated.

So you need the other file also, if not, then please rate my answer positively, if you are satisfied.