NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I need to convert a .unv file for use in a sql database - can

Customer Question

I need to convert a .unv file for use in a sql database - can anyone help with this please! Another possibility is toget info on an odbc driver that could be used in MSAccess 2007. Basically need to get the data in sql format or MSAccess linked file. Thanks
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  technicalcat replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using this service,

So, you are trying to take an SAP BO legacy file (the UNV) and somehow move it entirely to another relational database platform? If so, that could be difficult. Please give me more details on what you are trying to do. Also, the ODBC "driver" would be a driver you would use in your application environment in order to access the database. So, is your application going to be written in Access, or some other programming platform?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have to convert/merge data that is stored in the .unv file format to a dbIII file format for another program. I have used MsAccess in the past to do this (for sql database to dbIII or text to dbIII etc...) So, I need to be able to see the file structures and data in order to map them to the dbIII data... I would prefer to use MsAccess, as I am most familiar with that, but also can get to sql... Thanks

I'm not familiar enough with the UNV file format to assist in this project. Will opt out to all the other experts. Good luck!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So I do not need to do anything else to repost?

Please wait for another expert to step in. Do not respond to this until another expert steps in as this will only delay your question response. Thank You.