IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

I scanned a word document and it is currently a JPEG. How

I scanned a word document and it is currently a JPEG. How do I convert this scanned JPEG docuennt into a word document so that I may edit and save as a word doc? I have Microsoft office 2010.

Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you solve your problem.

In order to do that, you will need to use OCR (optical character recognition) program that will "read" the picture (JPEG document) and then allow you to use (copy) all the text on the picture or create a Word document directly.

Example of such program is Advanced OCR which can be downloaded using THIS LINK.

However, you can convert your JPEG into Word using Free Online OCR service accessible HERE. There you can have your JPEG document converted to Word document within seconds.

You can expect minor errors when converting an image to text, but you can correct them afterwards.