JustinDS
JustinDS, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Degree in Electronics Technology and CompTIA A+ certified
70170393

My question is in reference to changing the page numbers for

My question is in reference to changing the page numbers for Handouts in PowerPoint 2007. I am printing my hand-outs page with 3 slides per page but I want the page number of the first handout page to read page 3 and the next will be page 4. Am I correct in assuming that there doesn't seem to be a way to do this? When I go to Handout Master it certainly allows me to insert a 3 but obviously all the pages will be numbered with a 3.
Thanks.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  JustinDS replied 1 year ago.

JustinDS :

Hello my name is Justin.

JustinDS :

Welcome to Just Answer!

JustinDS :

When you are available I would be happy to help you the best I can with this and I do believe there is a way to do so.

JustinDS :

Let me know when your ready and I will try to walk you through this process.

Customer:

ok, I'm ready now and I have the presentation open.

JustinDS :

Okay, click the design tab at the top of screen.

Customer:

ok done

JustinDS :

Okay Click Page Setup.

Customer:

ok done

JustinDS :

Okay do you see Number slides from box?

JustinDS :

If so change this to a 3, or what ever you would like it to be.

Customer:

yes, but when i've done this in the past it only changes the slide number will it also change the page number?

JustinDS :

Oh, I am sorry. I misunderstood. My apologies. Let me check something real quick on my end.

JustinDS :

I don't believe there is a way to change the starting page number when printing. If you like though I can look further on my end to make certain there isn't some method to do this?

Customer:

no, that's ok

JustinDS :

It appears the only way to do this is with some Visual Basic coding.

Customer:

I see. Well thanks for checking. I assumed as much but I just wanted to make sure.

JustinDS :

Not a problem at all, sorry couldn't provide you with a simple solution. Unfortunately the option just isn't there.

If you feel I have been helpful please remember to rate me positively.

JustinDS :

If you have any other questions regarding this please feel free to ask.

Customer:

thanks.

JustinDS :

Not a problem at all, happy to help out.

JustinDS, Computer Specialist
Experience: Degree in Electronics Technology and CompTIA A+ certified