DJ_T_Dogg
DJ_T_Dogg, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  7+ years of experience in Office 97-2010 Certified! I can assist you today on Excel, Word and Office Issues!
16569391

How to Hide user mode clock in windows 7 embedded and unhide

Customer Question

How to Hide user mode clock in windows 7 embedded
and unhide right mouse click in user mode,please
PLease email toXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Many thanks
Jimmy
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 2 years ago.

Please explain to me what you are trying to do fully.

Also what is user mode clock, and what is unpadlock??

Travis B.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

to hide user from seeing the clock to hide it .

the "unpadlock" term is HP term (able to write to RAM) .I have HP t610 thinclients

which I never work on or windows 7 before, just windows XP PCs. This is my first time in using Windows 7 embedded software.

Many thanks

Jimmy

Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 2 years ago.

Jimmy,

Here is how you can hide the clock from the taskbar:

• Click on the start menu, and type "clock"; Windows 7 will display the matching results
  • Click on the link that reads "Show or hide clock icon on the taskbar" to open the Control Panel.
  • Under the System Icons are displayed all icons Windows shows in the notification area of the taskbar, including "Clock", "Volume", and so on.
  • The second column of the "Turn system icons on or off" column shows a list of dropdown menus: click on the menu next to Clock, and change it from On to Off.
  • Click OK to apply your change and return to Windows

Windows 7 no longer displays the clock in the taskbar, you now instead see just the Up arrow that lets you access hidden taskbar icons and other system icons, and on its right the "Aero Peek" (show desktop) rectangle button: no more clock in sight!

If you want to know the current time, but the clock is hidden from the taskbar, simply launch Notepad (Start > type "notepad"), and hit F5 to show the time and date. While working without showing the clock in the taskbar can be a good productivity trick, it sometimes becomes cumbersome when you really need to show the time.

Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 1 year ago.

Jimmy,