NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

SPSS program (IBM SPSS editor) analysis

Customer Question

I'm using an SPSS program (IBM SPSS editor) trying to analyze some data. I have a list of cases which each have values in numerous columns. The value, not the column, is what matters to me. Let's call the values A-Z for explanations' sake. What I want to do is to ask the spss program to isolate all cases where there there was value A and/or B and/or C AND value J and/or K but NOT value X or Y. And then I want to repeat that process for with different values in specific AND OR and NOT combinations. How do I do this?

To clarify even further... If a Case has a value of Q, R, or S in any column.  I was to see if that same case has a value of X, Y, or Z in any column.

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I definitely won't pay $58, but yes, if I get a response within another day or two, I'll pay something for that answer.

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!