flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  degree in comp sci. 20+ years install work with networks for small and large companies
23372949

how can i calculate a daily sales target if todays actual is

how can i calculate a daily sales target if todays actual is either greater than or less than the original target
Hey there,

Could you give me an example of your goal including cell ranges?

Thanks :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

example

mon tue wed thur fri

daily sales target: 2000.00 2500 1750

actual 1500 2750

as the figures are put in the actual line the progressive target autopopulates on the daily target line

Ok, can you upload a sample book for me?

www.wikisend.com

Paste the File ID number you receive here :)

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

have uploaded a sample via link above.

Sorry for the delay, something has come up today and I must Opt out. If no one picks this up I will take it back on later. Good luck.
how are you calculating the target ?

Usually you would want to replace the target with the actual as there is no need for the target once you have an actual. Most reports i have seen like that will have targets for future dates and actuals for past with maybe another field for the difference plus or minus of the actual and the target for historical.
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience: degree in comp sci. 20+ years install work with networks for small and large companies
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hello Flopcat, my idea is that the sales personnel can load their daily actuals in and the calculator then gives them the following days target according to what they have inserted. If the daily target is $2000 and the actual is $1500, then the next days target will be $2500, or if the actual is $2500 the next days target will be $1500.

the your target should be ( normal target + yesterdays target - yesterdays actual )