flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  degree in comp sci. 20+ years install work with networks for small and large companies
23372949

Hi I am downloading excel worksheets and trying to create one

Hi I am downloading excel worksheets and trying to create one excel files with different worksheets. How would I add a downloaded worksheet into an existing file on a new page?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.

flopcat98 :

The easiest way to do that is just copy and paste.

highlight and copy the new worksheet and open the old workbook

click the tab for new worksheet

right click on cell A1 and select paste

Customer:

Hi I have tried that before but will try again right now and get back to you. Thanks.

Customer:

Well, it worked to some degree, it copied onto the workbook more like a word document without the columns and rows. Is there any way to maintain the format?

flopcat98 :

yes it should copy into each of the cells correctly. I do it all the time. try clicking the little grey box on top of A1 and that should highlight the entire thing and then hit ctrl C to copy

then in the new one right click the same box and select paste.

flopcat98 :

make sure that you are not using paste as text.

flopcat98 :

I just tried it here as we were chatting and had no problem at all

flopcat98 :

If its not working for you would you like to send me the sheets and i can do it for you and send them back and/or tell you what is up with the sheet you are copying that it wont work that way. are they from different versions of excel ?

Customer:

That did it! Thanks much. Guess I need to brush up on excel, I don't use it enough anymore to stay current. Could you tell me what the PBC tab is?

flopcat98 :

where is it ? if its on the bottom with the other worksheet tabs its probably another worksheet

flopcat98 :

I dont know of any PBC tab that is part of the excel program and even googling excel and pbc came up with nothing so i think that it is a user created thing.

Customer:

It was on the bottom from the time I opened excel, but I am using my daughter's mac, so maybe it is a mac thing. I had never seen it before either. Thanks for your help!

flopcat98 :

You are very welcome. I would greatly apreciate if you gave me a good rating as that is what allows me to be paid

thank you

flopcat98, Consultant
Experience: degree in comp sci. 20+ years install work with networks for small and large companies