Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP; Microsoft Office, etc.

I need to change my Office 2010 64 bits installation to the

I need to change my Office 2010 64 bits installation to the 32 bits version, because of incompatibility of Accessibility software (ZomText 10) with the 64 bits vrsion.
How can I do this without getting problems and with keeping as much of my preferences of the now installed 64 bits software?

Yes, it won't affect anything. Can you go to Start, control panel, programs, programs and features, then uninstall microsoft office 2010, then restart the computer and install office 2010 32-bit?

Do you have the office 2010 software disk or download? Where did you purchase it?

Please let me know. Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I can do that.

I have an nstallation disk.

I purchased the software at

Great. When installing, select the 32-bit option when prompted.

If it does not work, see if you can download the 32-bit version at

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate bad or poor service, please stop and click on the REPLY tab and reply with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK, it won't affect anything, but will my prefernces and dictionary be kept?

I know it won't affect your files/documents. Usually, it remembers your preferences, I'm not sure about the dictionary; you may have to reinstall it. Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How can I keep my dictionary? It would take a lot of time to customize it again.

Yes, I just checked. Go to the Backstage (the tab to the left of the Home tab, normally marked file), and select options then proofing - under custom dictionaries, then you can back up these file(s).

If that does not work, try:
; it's for office 2007, but should be similar with 2010.

, and/or

(you may need to show hidden files first:

Thank you,