darkshadowin
darkshadowin, Network Administrator
Experience:  I am network administrator with over 7 years practical hands on experience and knowledge.
33059174

I need to know how to integrate Microsoft Small Business Accounting

Customer Question

I need to know how to integrate Microsoft Small Business Accounting 2008 with Microsoft Outlook 2010 Business Contact manager. I have walked through the steps but when prompted to select the database to integrate with, no database shows up in the drop down box.

I have also called Microsoft sales and support who assured me the the two products are compatible for the integration but they where unable to tell me how to do it.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  darkshadowin replied 4 years ago.

darkshadowin :

I am not sure how technical you are but this has to do with the differences in the SQL database versions.

darkshadowin :

Here is a method to follow.

darkshadowin :

Go into the following.

darkshadowin :

SQL Server Configuration Manager -> SQL Server Network Configuration -> select Protocols for MSSMLBIZ (or your instance) -> right click Named Pipes -> disable; right click TCP/IP -> disable. Restart MSSMLBIZ (I used task manager, services) Now enable Named Pipes and TCP/IP. Restart MSSMLBIZ.

darkshadowin :

Also you made need to do the following as well.

darkshadowin :

If the service is running, see if its TCP protocol is enabled and correct TCP Port assigned. This is in the same configuration manager dialog, under SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration -> Protocols for InstanceName (By default MSSMLBIZ). If the instance’s TCP/IP protocol is ‘Disabled’, enable it. Right click on “TCP/IP”, select ‘Properties’ and go to tab ‘IP Addresses’, if the IPAll-> TCP Port is not set, set it to ‘5356’. Note that the SQL instance needs to be restarted after changing the setting.

darkshadowin :

Let me know what happens.

darkshadowin :

4 IMPORTANT THINGS (please read them)

1- Please select a rating on the rate my answer button, so I can receive credit for assisting you!

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated.

5- Even after rating my answer, if you still need assistance we can continue the process.

You can always reach me directly at
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-networkdoc/

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.

Customer :

I have followed your instructions and still am unable to see the database in the drop down when I try to integrate MC Accounting with MS outlook with Small Business contact manager. I was a bit confused about the protocols for MSSMLBIZ. There are 1-9 different IP setting, some were disabled and some were inactive. I enabled them all and made them all active. Also the IP all was already set to 5356. However under client protocals the TCP/IP Default port is set to 1433. I don't know if that makes a differance and I can't see how to change it.

Customer :

I would be happy to give you a positive rating so you can get credited for this answer, provided I can get an answer that solves my problem. Thanks.

darkshadowin :

Sorry about the delay in getting with you.

darkshadowin :

Give me just a second.

darkshadowin :

Okay the TCP/IP Default port should 5356 I believe.

darkshadowin :

Have you made any positive progress from where you were, or are you still getting teh same error?

darkshadowin :

Where the DB's are not showing up at all.

darkshadowin :

Are you still there?

Customer :

Under the protocols for MSSMLBIZ the IPALL is 5356, but under the native client configuration the TCP/IP port is 1433. As I said I don't know if that makes any difference and I do not know how to change it.

darkshadowin :

Okay that is fine.

darkshadowin :

Here is the next question. Did you restart the system or restart the services after making the changes?

Customer :

I have made the changes you suggested and restarted the SQL but when I go to MS accounting to integrate it with MS outlook with small business contact manager the db still does not show up for selection.

darkshadowin :

Hmmmm.

darkshadowin :

At this point I am not sure the problem.

darkshadowin :

I know I can give you a number to Microsoft but they will charge you per incident.

darkshadowin :

I am willing opt out and see if others can assist you.

darkshadowin :

But everything I have read and know about the two working together I have sent your direction.

Customer :

I am going to restart my computer and see if that helps

darkshadowin :

What I know is the issue is the differences in the SQL C++ runtimes.

Customer :

I have restarted my computer with no change.

darkshadowin :

Robert here is a number for Microsoft. There is a per incident fee not per hour (and its not cheap) but it is the engineers and they will spend as much time as you need to get it up and running.

darkshadowin :

1-800-642-7676 Their normal hours are from 5AM to 9PM pacific and they do have extended hours support.

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for not replying sooner. I have figured it out myself. Now I would like to know how to discontinue the monthly subscription to this service. Thank you.

You can contact customer service at 1-888-587-8220