John D
John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
53785

Using the Sum Function, the total of 32 numbers is calculated

Using the Sum Function, the total of 32 numbers is calculated incorrectly. I'm an above-average (at least in my opinion) user of EXCEL. What could I be doing wrong?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

I am sure I can help you resolve this issue quickly if you can send me the file (let me know if you need help attaching files on this site)

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

Pat here are the uploading instructions again

Go to http://www.wikisend.com/ and upload the file using the Browse button (no need to signup) then copy the "File ID" number (or the download link) that you will be given and paste it here in your reply.

If the file has sensitive information let me know before you upload it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ID: 903604

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

John,

I forgot to mention the problem column is Column I rows c7 - 31.

Thanks Pat

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

Pat, you have uploaded a temporary version of file (i.e. unsaved file icon) which cannot be opened. Please close all excel files then upload the file again

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ID: 288854

Sorry! Pat

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

hmm "Column I" does not have any numerical data that can be added. In fact I don't see any numbers on that sheet. Are you sure this is the correct file?

graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

John,

What is the status of the 4 or 5 forms that I sent to you, needing each one to be a "fillable" form?

Thanks.

Pat Benesch at XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.
Not sure why it took you so long to get back to me. It's been a week and I work on 100's of files in a week so I can't really remember the details unless I review the past messages and files. If you'd like me to that let me know and don't forget to give me credit for the time I have already spent on this. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

John,

There's been a lot of illness in my family (husband and daughter). My time has been absorbed with giving care and running to hospitals. Having said that, I do need your help and of course I will give you credit. Please review my past messages and if you need anything more from me, please just let me know. I am sorry for any inconvenience to you. I have "signed up" to JustAnswer primarily because of you and the help you've given me. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!!!

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that Pat. I hope everybody is well now

Ok I checked both questions and in both cases I had asked for further info from you but I did not receive any response.

Here is what I need

1) With regard to the Forms I need you to send the files again as your previous upload did not go through correctly. You can "zip" the four files or send them individually. Just go to

http://www.wikisend.com/ and upload the file using the Browse button (no need to signup) then copy the "File ID" number (or the download link) that you will be given and paste it here in your reply.

2) As for the Sum Functio, column "I" in the file that you sent me does not have any numerical data that can be added. In fact I don't see any numbers on that sheet. Are you sure this is the correct file

Let me know and I'll be happy to assist

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

John,

The ID No. 363500 is the correct EXCEL document in which Column H does not add correctly.

I will send you all the Day Care Forms in about 1/2 hour. Thanks.

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

Wrong File ID... No such file!

Please upload it here then copy the download link and give it to me

http://www.ge.tt/#!/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

John,

Please try the ID # XXXXX to view the XCEL document problem in Column H

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

Ok Pat here is the corrected file

Attachment: 2012-10-11_220849_justanswer_xcel_document_sent_to_john_10_11_12_a.xlsx

The problem was that most of the numbers in that column have not been entered as real numbers (copied from a text file or a website?). So an operation was required to convert them to real numbers. It could also have been done manually by selecting each cell in H and retyping the number and hitting Enter

Hope this helps. Thank you for rating this answer "Excellent" or "Good" if I was able to answer your question

John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Pat :)

You can send me the Form files whenever you're ready

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

Hi Pat,

I was able to find the Form file that we worked on in the past. Here is that file

Attachment: 2012-10-12_150824_2012-09-09_055320_btb_copy_of_draft_of_day_care_agreement_sent_to_johnd09_02_12_a.xls

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

John,

All of the BLUE highlighting needs to be removed..please!!!!

Thanks.

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

Pat,

Ok here is the modified file

Attachment: 2012-10-16_024412_draft_of_day_care_agreement_2.xls

Please feel free to get back to me if it needs any other tweaking

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

John,

The box should be removed from AGREEMENT

55 PA Code Chapters, etc.

The field that reads, See Emergency Form should read: See Emergency Contact Form.

In the boxes under, I, the parent/guardian: -- please remove the inside box and leave the check mark in each box.

There needs to be more white space between the second boxed text and the Signature-Operator Field.

PERIODIC REVIEW needs to be highlighted in medium gray background.

I am so sorry to sound so "picky" but PA Department of Welfare who oversees all Child Care Centers in PA is extremely rigid on how their forms must look.

I will send you the original form so that you can see the difference in spacing between their form and yours.

Many thanks.

P.S.

I am working on getting the other forms in EXCEL and will send them to you as soon as I possibly can.

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Here you go

Attachment: 2012-10-16_033457_draft_of_day_care_agreement_3.xls

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

John,

Within the hour, or sooner, I will send you the EXCEL document that I created. If you print it out, you will see the difference in spacing between my document and yours. There is also some information missing under "AGREEMENT" on your most recent form. We're almost there...once I send you the original EXCEL document. Many thanks.

P.S. As I said earlier, as soon as I can recreate the other forms in EXCEL for the Day Care, I will send them to you and indicate which fields needs to be fillable.

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

Ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

John,

The wording in the Agreement should read:

You can review a complete list of the Department of Welfare's Child Care Regulations at hhtp://www.dpw.state.pa.us/provider/earlylearning/childcareregulations/index.htm

Thanks. I look forward to receiving the final Agreement.

Pat

XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.
So where is the file Pat?