ITTechChris
ITTechChris, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  6+ years of professional experience as a IT Technician
63401584

Sage Instant Accounts will not connect with Excel - how do

Customer Question

Sage Instant Accounts will not connect with Excel - how do i make it do so?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  ITTechChris replied 1 year ago.

ITTechChris :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer/Pearl, the highest ranked third party Q & A site in the world.
My name is Chris and I am a professional technician here to provide you with my best professional knowledge possible and submitting it to you as an answer.

* Please remember to leave Only a Positive 4/5 Rating on My answer(s) when you are satisfied with my work helping you.

ITTechChris :

Import transactions, you need the customer, supplier and bank accounts there so they would need to be imported first.

ITTechChris :

File > Import > Audit trail transactions

ITTechChris :

I will be here for your reply.

Customer :

I have tried to do this but whenever I try sending anything to Excel it just comes up 'Failed to connect to Excel'

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
What I would like you to do from here is to backup if needed, uninstall both programs, reboot, reinstall, import the back up and try it again.

You may have to do a system restore.

This is for Windows Vista and 7 (let me know if you are using anything different).

1.Left click on the 'Start' button
2. On 'Search Programs and Files' type in 'System restore'.
3. Select 'System Restore'.
4. Follow the steps and restore the computer to the time before the incident took place (preferably the day or 2 before)
5. Wait for the computer to restore and restart (this will happen by itself once you have followed the steps.
6. When the computer restarts and you log in, see if the problem is gone.

Please Press the 4 or 5/Smiley Face by My answer to show and rate that I have helped you. The rates go against my score, not JustAnswer. Bonus's are always appreciated.

After pressing a Smiley Face/4 or 5 button, you can still post replies on this Q&A thread for any of your post-concerns. If you still have additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.