flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  degree in comp sci. 20+ years install work with networks for small and large companies
23372949

I have put togeather a rough database and need it completed

I have put togeather a rough database and need it completed with the following requirements:
1. Provide a logical and physical design of the database.
2. Use relational database software application to develop database.
3. Provide an entity relationship diagram.
4. Normalize the database.
5. Generate and provide test data.

6. Use Visio diagram to normalize an EDR to third normal form (3NF)
7. Create a minimum of 10 rows of test data in each table. Also, create at least one query that joins two tables and returns values from both tables.

Attached is the database I have partially put togeather, needs alot of work.

The database is for:
Smith Consulting needs a database to track their consulting staff, each staff member’s skill sets, and what projects they are working on.

Please help. It needs alot of work and will tip well if answered correctly I had a bad experiance with asking a similar question.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dsdr4psxh7p0qrp
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 1 year ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help with this

Steve Herrod :

can you let me know when it is required for?

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

ASAP I'm trying to get the jist just need a viable example

Customer:

Are you able to help?

Customer:

Please reply when available

Steve Herrod :

hi, apologies I was offline.

Steve Herrod :

i will work on this today and send an update later

Steve Herrod :

Will be online from approx midday EST until late

Steve Herrod :

Ok, so a lot of the logical design elements of the database are set from your copy

Steve Herrod :

I had a couple of questions though....

Steve Herrod :

For the physical design is there anything else specified in terms of how the database is to be setup (clustering/failovers etc) or do we just assume a stand-alone Access database will be in production at Smith Consulting?

Steve Herrod :

and is there any information on number of users/concurrent access at all?

Steve Herrod :

Let me know if possible but based on everything I should have this finished and with you midday Friday

Customer:

There are no specifications on either clustering or failovers, and no information on number of users.

The sooner the better, I will provide a nice tip for a quick completion.

Thank you again!

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Customer:

Hope all is going well, I do need this very soon. Thank you again!

Steve Herrod :

Am working on it - am behind schedule today due to some family issues unfortunately but will get it done asap

Customer:

Ok no problem, family does come first. Hope everything is ok and look forward to recieving it.

Thank you again!

This evening is my deadline though.

Steve Herrod :

ok - I am going to have to opt out as no way I can complete for this evening with everything else that is happening

Steve Herrod :

there are plenty of experts online so one of the others should pick this up

Steve Herrod :

am really sorry about this

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.
is there a specific program that you have to do it in ? I can do it in access or probably an old copy of fox pro. But i dont have a copy of the visio to do that part. If you can accept it without that i can do it for you tonight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It does need it done in Access for the database and visio for the ERD, if you can't help is there anyone else that can complete this by 12 am tonight I have been blown off twice with this question. All 3-4 days after asking it!

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.

I can get you all of the data base work by then. i dont have a copy of the visio. Let me know if you want me to do the database part for you. the visio is just documentation.

Honestly, I am not going to bother with any documentation. I can put the data base and querries together for you in about 1/10th of the time that it would take me to document it all and your teacher may not agree with what I think is proper documentation. I am sure he has spent days going over exactly what he thinks is the way to document things and i have no way of knowing what he wants. The database is pretty straight forward and i can do it quickly. That, I am willing to do although i almost never pick up on homework questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have visio if you can supply what I need to put into the program I can accept the work.

Thank you!

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.

You got it. Is there anything specific that you need for fields and data or just up to me what i think a skill set or project would be.

I dont know if there was a problem with the download or i have a different version of access but all i got from your download was the table names.

I am running out for dinner. Please send or copy and paste anything you have on the actual assignment otherwise i will do it the way it makes sense to me. I will get you at least two tables one for employees including their skill sets. name salary etc. One for projects which probably would include the employee working on it expected completion date hours worked etc. and i will put together a querry that links them something like total hours worked per employee by project.

I should be able to have it for you by 10 so you have a little time for the documentation

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Great thank you

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.

This is very simple but it should cover the requirements

click here to download

flopcat98, Consultant
Experience: degree in comp sci. 20+ years install work with networks for small and large companies
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

looks good It will have to do thank you.

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.
Well i figured it was better to get you something that fit the bill in time for you to do the documentation and get it in than to try to fancy it up and get it in too late.

glad i could help have a good one.