MikeMacMedic
MikeMacMedic, IT Manager
Experience:  IT Manager for over 20 years
25267123

Hi, I have a mac book pro with office 2004. i want to compile

Customer Question

Hi, I have a mac book pro with office 2004. i want to compile a list of addresses that will include mail/email and phone and also to subcategorise into separate groups for mailing out. Is entourage the best tool for this?

i have stated doing this using the address book in entourage...but Ive had trouble when i make a group and want to add an address that doesnt include an email, entourage doesnt seem to want me to do this.

Also, i would like to be able to print out any of these lists showing all the details, mail/phone etc

Lastly whats the best way to keep this info safe and off my hardrive...shoudl i then transfer it to an ext hard drive?

Thanks
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  MikeMacMedic replied 4 years ago.
If you want to print out a whole list that just excludes say, email addresses you have to exclude them from the whole list when printing. Other wise you would need to make duplicate contacts for each that exclude say email aaddress on one of them. Have you tried Address Book?
You should also have a Time Machine Backup and or also Export your contacts on a regular basis to save on another device , USB stick, hard drive, Dropbox, etc... Let me know if you have questions.