Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Trained in Microsoft Office from 2000 through to latest version 2010.

IT163 Final Course Project: Household Inventory Database Scenario We

IT163 Final Course Project: Household Inventory Database

Scenario

We have all seen or read the various reports over the years about how devastating a natural disaster can be; whether it be a hurricane, flood, fire, earthquake, or tornado, the results are devastating. Creating a home inventory is important and can be used to help you reclaim what may be lost in a natural disaster.

For this Final Project you will be designing and developing a Household Inventory Database (HID). You will be creating tables, relationships, queries, forms, and reports. You will be evaluated and graded on each area of your database as shown in the grading rubric that is located on the last page of this Assignment.

Deliverables

You will submit one (1) database to the Final Project Dropbox no later than 11:59pm ET on Tuesday. Please ensure you name your database: Final_Project_Lastname.accdb

Step 1: Create Two Tables

Ensure you name your tables as shown

Table one: Inventory Item

*Auto Number Number Field (Primary Key)
Serial Number Text Field
Item Text Field
Manufacturer Text Field
Description Memo Field
Condition Lookup Field (Excellent, Good, Fair, etc.)
Date of Purchase Date Field (short date M/DD/YYYY)
Purchase Price Currency Field
Location Lookup Field (rooms in your house)
Note: Location areas to include

Living room – Kitchen – Office – Bedroom - Garage

Feel free to include other rooms as you need. However, those four should be included and have items in those locations.

Table two: Manufacturer Info

Manufacturer Text Field
Model Text Field
Serial number Text Field
Warranty Boolean Field (Yes/No)
Manufacturer URL Hyperlink
Step 2: Create a Form (This form will be used for data entry).

Create a form by selecting an AutoFormat and modify the form to make it user friendly by adding a descriptive title. You can also modify the actual form layout if you like as well.
Save the form as: Inventory Form
Enter at least 15 records. Make sure you have items in each of the rooms of your house. This will be important for the queries and report you will design.
Step 3: Creating Relationships

Create a relationship between the two tables that links the Primary key to the foreign key.
Step 4: Creating Queries

After you have completed entering in all the data you will need to select and retrieve the data in a variety of ways. The query object provides you with a way to select data that meets the criteria you will set.

Use the Create Tab and select “Query Wizard.” Create a simple query that selects item, manufacturer, Model, Serial Number, and location.
Save the query as: Room Items
In design view, add the Condition field to the query. Add a Selection Criteria to the Location field so that only those records with the Location equal to “Living Room” are displayed.
Save the query as: Living Room Items
Create a query that selects Items purchase, price and serial number
Save the query as: Item Price
Step 5: Create a Report

Create a report that will allow you to have a record of your inventory that includes only the following: Item, Manufacturer, Model, and Purchase Price

Use the Report Wizard to create the report.
Modify the design so that the title is “Inventory Report” and all data and labels are sized appropriately.
Add totals by room and a grand totally to the report and add labels to the totals.
Save the report as: Inventory Report
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 1 year ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help with this issue

Steve Herrod :

Just to confirm you need it by 11:59pm ET today?

Steve Herrod :

I should be able to have it with you by 5/6PM ET

Customer:

yes i need it before tomorrow thanks

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Steve Herrod :

will send through later

Steve Herrod :

cheres

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

i have the pdf file so you can better view the instructions. how can i upload it to you?

Customer:

also if you need more time i can turn it in later no biggy

Steve Herrod :

if you go to wikisend.com

Steve Herrod :

and choose upload

Steve Herrod :

put the PDF file thre

Steve Herrod :

and it will give you a link I can use to download the file

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

http://wikisend.com/download/689104/IT163_Assignment_Unit10.pdf

Steve Herrod :

thanks

Steve Herrod :

Steve Herrod :

Database is here

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Steve Herrod :

will be offline for a few hours but let me know if you need anything

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Steve Herrod :

you just need to change the filename to have your lastname btw!

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

oh ok thanks you did and excellent job

Experience: Trained in Microsoft Office from 2000 through to latest version 2010.