Engineer John C., Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer
23822421

How do I change my Outlook 2002 settings so that an appointment

Customer Question

How do I change my Outlook 2002 settings so that an appointment invite sent from another computer running Outlook 2003 shows up as an appointment rather than (as at present) just an email which cannot show up in the calendar. (Sending appointment invites in the other direction works just fine!)
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

I see that your question has been sitting here for a while.

Do you still need help with this issue?

Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes. I still need help. I have paid a deposit but yours is the only response so far. I live in the UK so your response came in the middle of the night and I have just picked it up.

Hello. Could you please explain the issue a little bit more?

Are the computers Windows PCs? or Macintosh?

Also, are them on the same network?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The computer I have a problem with is a HP PC running Windows XP. The computer I was sending the invite from is on a different network.

I have been away for a while - hence the delay in replying to your question.

David Martin

And that computer with XP hast Outlook 2002? (or 2003?)

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Outlook 2002

Hello, I apologize for the long delay.

From Outlook 2002, please go to the Help menu, then click "Detect and Repair".

Then restart the computer going to Start, Shut Down, Restart and try again.

If it works, please come back here and leave me a positive feedback (I will show you the rating buttons). I get paid by justanswer.com only when you leave me a good rating.

If you don't come back, I won't be paid by justanswer.com at all. Please remember to select a rating (a positive rating is greatly appreciated, and then click the SUBMIT button)

If it doesn't work, please come back as well and click "Reply to Expert" so we can continue troubleshooting.

********** REMEMBER: IF IT DOES NOT WORK, DO NOT LEAVE RATING, JUST CLICK "REPLY TO EXPERT" SO WE CAN CONTINUE WORKING ON IT. THANK YOU **********
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I followed your instructions to the letter, then sent an Outlook event invite from the other computer, but have the same result - the invite arrives in the problem computer, but as an ordinary email, not as a calendar item. ie no change from before. (Note the sending computer is running Outlook 2003, and the receiving one Outlook 2002).

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This correspondence seems to be getting nowhere! I keep getting requests for a rating but you have not given an answer to my last reply. Your proposed solution did not work. Please respond. If you can not help further, olease say so and I will get a refund of my deposit.

David Martin

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
The expert's solutio did not work, and hving responde twice that this was so, I just keep getting requsts for a rating. I woould like another expert to respond.

David Martin
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

See all my other messages telling you the solution you suggested did not work.