NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have Office 2011 on my MAC. Outlook does not display appointments

Customer Question

I have Office 2011 on my MAC. Outlook does not display appointments on the monthly calendar but you can see the appointment in MyDay. How do I fix the monthly view?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Andrew replied 4 years ago.

Andrew :

Hi, I'm Andrew. I'll be helping you today. Just a moment please

Andrew :

My Day is a separate application for quick access to appointments and tasks with or without Outlook for Mac running.

If you want to view your full calendar then you need to select the Calendar view in the lower right corner of the Main Window of Outlook for Mac. You cannot, however, display both calendars and tasks in the same window.
Andrew :

In the Calendar view, in the left panel make sure all the checkboxes are checked - especially On My Computer and for any other accounts you may find in that pane.

JACUSTOMER-net47ngo- :

I don't see anything in the lower right corner when Outlook is open and Calendar is selected

Andrew :

I'm sorry, it is actually the lower left corner. It is an icon that looks like a calendar.

Andrew :

Does that open a screen that looks like this?

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-net47ngo- :

There are no appointments on my screen with Calendar selected

JACUSTOMER-net47ngo- :

The calendar is there but nothing else

Andrew :

If you look under Preferences > General, make sure "Hide On My Computer folders" is unchecked. The list of things in the "left pane" should show now.

JACUSTOMER-net47ngo- :

I can see the list of things in the left column and the box is unchecked. That is not the problem.

JACUSTOMER-net47ngo- :

I can't see appointments on the days in my calendar

Andrew :

Are the items in the list of things in the left panel checked?

JACUSTOMER-net47ngo- :

The months are displayed and Smart Folders and Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes there is nothing I can see to check

Andrew :

Hmm ok. I am out of ideas. I will open your question up to the other experts.

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!