NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have Front Page 2003 which I have not used for a very long

I have Front Page 2003 which I have not used for a very long time. When I click on "View" the "Remote Website" choice is greyed out.

NewITZone :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. This is Mahbub Shahin can assist you

NewITZone :

You cannot View a remote website unless you have opened a local website.

Customer:

Well, it's been so long since I have used this. I do have an FTP program running, so how should I copy the remote website that I have accessed with FTP to my local PC?

NewITZone :

At first log on to your site. then select all download to your hard disc.
you can use www.net2ftp.com to download the site.

NewITZone :

If you site address is www.justanswer.com as example. Please

put ftp.justanswer.com into the FTP server field.

NewITZone :

Put user name and password-->logon.

Customer:

OK, that is what I will try to do. If I understand you correctly, I should then have the entire remote website on my local PC. I can then open the local site with Front Page. But then how do I open the remote website? Or, should I make the changes in the local website and then transfer the files back to the remote website? Or, do I use "Publish Website" which I have forgotten how to do?

Customer:

???

NewITZone :

After complete the downloading process, create a new web database, locate the local server directory into the downloaded folder. Now configure the web server address.

Customer:

I apologize, but I am unclear as to what you are instructing me. What is meant by "create a new web database"? What is meant by "locate the local server directory into the download folder" and finally what do I do to "configure the web server address"?

NewITZone :

Ok. Do you already make site on frontpage?

Customer:

Yes, years ago.

NewITZone :

If you create a site on front page you have to configure the local server address (local HDD location). And also web server address (web site address) to remote website.

Customer:

The site needs to have updated information, and I am lost. For example, I need to change the contact information if the web site user wants to contact the artists.

NewITZone :

Okay

. I understand.

NewITZone :

At first download the site using FTP software into your HDD

NewITZone :

Now edit the contact address.

Customer:

Thank you for understanding. I am currently downloading the site to my HDD.

NewITZone :

I can send you a video tutorial. It will make this think easy.

Customer:

That would be wonderful. I have tried to find some basic tutorials on the MS website, but was unable.

NewITZone :

After complete your editing process upload it .

Customer:

I do know it is relatively simple once you remember what to do, but I am completely forgetting how to do it. Later on, I will want to add some jpeg fotos to the website as well.

NewITZone :

This is the link for the tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55xjc_BolU0

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

It is easy to edit web site.

Customer:

Yes, let me try all this in a short while. Does the tutorial also discuss adding pages to the current website and adding jpegs?

NewITZone :

No I can send you another.

NewITZone :

That will show you how to edit and add images.

Customer:

OK, you have been a great help. Thank you and wish me luck!!!

NewITZone :

I know you can do this.

NewITZone :

It is really a easy job.

Customer:

Finally, if I need more tutorials, how can I find them?

NewITZone :

You can search it through google.

Customer:

OK. Have you sent the second tutorial yet?

NewITZone :

Or If you want to edit the site in future tell me I will do for you.

NewITZone :

Please hold on. I am sending you the easiest one.

Customer:

How do I do that? That would be wonderful.

NewITZone :

Please tell me your website address.

NewITZone :

I am also a website developer.

Customer:

http://marjoristoll.com

Customer:

www.marjoristoll.com

sorry

NewITZone :

No problem.

NewITZone :

I am apologize for the network problem

NewITZone :

tell me the contact information.

Customer:

7211 Oak Moss Drive

Sarasota, FL 34241

(XXX) XXX-XXXX

[email protected]
NewITZone :

I can not see the email address or phone number for you safety and the rules of this site.

Customer:

I understand

NewITZone :

Only type email address except gmail.com and @

NewITZone :

What about the phone number ? Is it totally change?

Customer:

I just looked at the website in real time. It appears that you made all the changes?

NewITZone :

This tutorial will show you how to insert images http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhk3IgHF8IQ

Customer:

By the way, I transferred all the files from the remote (live) site to my HDD. Then when I tried to open the local website using FP, it was unable to because there was a file named "public html" I deleted that file and FP was able to open the local site. However, the file for the contact information was missing. I will try, once again, to use ftp to transfer all the remore site files to my HDD

NewITZone :

Please download again.

Customer:

OK, I am going to try all this on my own at this time. If I need to get back to you, how do I do that?

NewITZone :

Please save this link http://www.justanswer.com/microsoft-office/743z2-front-page-2003-not-used-long.html. It will redirect you to me.

NewITZone :

Please, only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel to rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please reply me via REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have rather then rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service",

I will not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If you think I have helped you with your problem, please give me a proper rating so that I can get paid for helping you. Bonus will be appreciable. Thank you.

Customer:

I will do that right now. Thank you!