John D
John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
53785

Hi, I am working on a spreadsheet which records the

Customer Question

I am working on a spreadsheet which records the following data:

degrees; minutes; seconds

I use a separate cell to record each piece of data and then I need to create a formula to convert the minutes & seconds to degrees and add up the three columns
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Please send me the file so I can see the data

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THEODOLITE

PRE-OP INSTRUMENT CHECK SHEET
MinutesSecondsMinutesSeconds
Instrument Number:Date Checked:05-Sep-120:080:03
0:080:56
DegreesMinutesSeconds0:000:59
Horizontal Angle:Face I3598
Face II179800
Difference1800
Vertical Angle:Face I271300:00:04
Face II885600:00:5800
Sum59:02
Distance Checks:Reference Distance (mm) -4623
Spike Check:Pt 1 (No)
Pt 2 (No)Distance:200Difference:-4423
Non-Contact:Pt 1 (No)
Pt 2 (No)Distance:0Difference:-4623
General State
Laser Alignment (laser point on cross hairs)
Instrument Bubble OK
Tribrach screws move smoothly
Optics of instrument (including standard eye piece) clean
Fine adjustment HzV works smoothly
Charger works / Cable OK
Vertical eye piece clean & in working order
Instrument settings as in training manual (Chapter 3)
Comments
Signature
Print Name
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

No you need to send the Excel file itself.

graphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no attachment icon on the toolbar

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.
Ok you can go to http://www.wikisend.com/ and upload the file using the Browse button (no need to signup) then copy the "File ID" number (or the download link) that you will be given and paste it here in your reply.

If the file has sensitive information let me know before you upload it

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

http://wikisend.com/download/424632/Theodolite Pre Op Check.xls

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Ok, is this what you are looking for? (the formulas are in the yellow cells)

graphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

John D,

No that is not what I am looking for.

I have already formatted one cell to record time in minutes, I now need to format a cell to record time in seconds - disregard the column for degrees for the minute.

Once the cells have been formatted, I then need to create a formula to convert the minutes & seconds to degrees, and then add the result to the degree column

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

hmm.. First I need to know in which cell should the formula be placed. Also please check your email for suggested price adjustment

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

John D,

All I require are formulas for the following:

1. Formula to format a cell to record seconds

2. Formula to convert minutes to degrees

3. Formula to convert seconds to degrees

I don't understand why you keep asking for a copy of the spreadsheet and then which cell I want the formula to be placed

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

I do not understand where to place the formula and which cells it should process. I am spending a lot of time on this back and forth correspondence gratis because you are not answering my questions

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

John D,

I do not want you to place the formulas anywhere, I just want you to tell me what they are and I will place them where I want them to appear on the sheet.

The previous expert I spoke to answered my previous question (how to format a cell to show time in minutes?) without having to ask me all the questions you are asking. He supplied me with the formula straight away.

If you cannot supply me with the formulas, tell me and I will try another expert.

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Ok now I understand that you want a general formula for the conversion (not sure why you kept sending your files though)

Have a look at this and let me know so I can send you the file with the formulas

(the formulas are in the yellow cells)

graphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

John D,

all you have listed are minutes - what about seconds.

I will also need separate formulas to convert minutes & seconds to degrees.

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

This is what you said in your last statement "how to format a cell to show time in minutes?"

Ok do you want the total minutes in one cell and the total seconds in a separate cell. I will also provide the formulas for converting mins and sec to degrees

In the meantime you can go ahead and rate so I get paid for my time. You can add bonus later when you get the files

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

John D,

I sent you the files because you told me to.

Despite asking my original question 4 days ago, you still have not made any attempt to answer it. This has gone on far enough and I am no longer interested in dealing with you any further.

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Ok

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

If you can remove the negative rating I will be happy to help you with the formulas in H11 and H16