Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years

I want to change my facebook profile picture. I cropped

I want to change my facebook profile picture.

I cropped out a good one from another photo that I like

No matter how I resize and compress it in MS picture manager, only about half of it shows up in my profile box

any ideas?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am glad to assist you today.

What is the pixel dimension of the picture that you are working with? (like 1200 x 1600 pixels)

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

302x448 currently

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Is it 302x448 pixels?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
When you "Edit Profile Picture", did you choose "Upload Photo..." or "Choose from Photos"?

It is only when you Choose from Photos that you are given a change to CROP the picture if it is too big. So you can only capture the part that you want to use. When you Upload photos, it will be set to FIT into the picture box.

Give it a try and let me know.

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that worked thanx

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thom,

I am glad that it worked. Those are the only option now when changing FB profile pictures. The best option of course is to Choose from Photos since these pictures are high quality so you have the option to crop the best part. When you choose Upload Photo, the picture will become tiny since in the upload process, FB system will adjust it to fit the tiny picture box.

Please be sure to rate my answer with 3 or more stars/faces if this helped. Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further. If you have further question, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years