NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

I have installed Microsoft Office v.X in my computer. It shows

I have installed Microsoft Office v.X in my computer. It shows up in Applications,but the icon for Word shows on the doc, but when I click on it, the program Word does not open. How do I get the icon to respond and open?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  NewITZone replied 1 year ago.

NewITZone :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. This is Mahbub Shahin can assist you.

NewITZone :

Please let me know when you will be ready for chat.

Customer:

I will be ready tomorrow at 7AM

NewITZone :

Okay. I will wait for you.

Customer:

I'm here

Customer:

Please explain what has happened, and what I can to to rectify the issue.

NewITZone :

Hello.

Customer:

Hello

NewITZone :

Would you please tell me your operating system name Office version

Customer:

This is m

Microsoft Office v.X

NewITZone :

You mean Mac OS X

Customer:

I guess so- not too computer savvy. Have and I Mac purchased in 2010, pages on the dock and just loaded this Microsoft program.

NewITZone :

Was it worked?

Customer:

The Microsoft program is loaded, Word icon on the dock, but won't open. That's the problem.

NewITZone :

Any error occurs?

Customer:

Nothing happens when I double click the Word icon.

NewITZone :

ok.

Customer:

Have you got the info re: my issue?

NewITZone :

1. From the Apple menu, select About This Mac.

2. The resulting window shows your operating system version.

Customer:

Mac OS X version 10.6.8

NewITZone :

ok.

NewITZone :

Please hold on.

NewITZone :

Whats happen if you try to run excel or power point?

Customer:

Haven't tried that. Just really interested in Word at this point since I have the icon.

NewITZone :

Do you have any word document?

Customer:

No

NewITZone :

Could you please remove office and install it again?

Customer:

How do I remove?

NewITZone :

The Remove Office tool is available on the Microsoft Office v. X Installation CD-ROM, in the Remove Office folder, which is located in the Value Pack folder. You can run the Remove Office tool directly from the Office v. X CD-ROM, or you can copy the tool to your computer's hard disk and then run it.

Customer:

Just inserted disc.

NewITZone :

Ok. Please take your time.

Customer:

see the remove office line with a red arrow in front. Do I click that?

NewITZone :

yes.

NewITZone :

After complete the uninstallation process, install it again.

NewITZone :

Actually many users who have MAC OS 10.6.8 and Microsoft Office v.X faced the same problem before.

NewITZone :

That is why I started from the first.

NewITZone :

After install run excel or power point-->click on Help on the top Menu Bar and select "Check for Updates

Customer:

The Word Icon is still on my dock, even though the process you sent is done.

NewITZone :

ok.

Customer:

Should I start again to reinstall?

NewITZone :

Do you have any previous version of office installed in you computer.

Customer:

No

NewITZone :

ok.

NewITZone :

Please open excel or power point.

Customer:

Some miracle just occurred. I double clicked on the word icon and everything came up!!!1

NewITZone :

Nice man.

NewITZone :

Happy to hear you from.

Customer:

So, I hope this means all is well ???????? Why did I have to remove , and didn't even get to reinstall?

NewITZone :

no.

NewITZone :

Some how your office got duplicate entries. When you start the office remove tools it uninstall the duplicate one.

NewITZone :

Now every thing is fine.

Customer:

Hurray!!!!! SUCCESS!!!!!! THANKS.

NewITZone :

Please, only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel to rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please reply me via REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have rather then rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service",

I will not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If you think I have helped you with your problem, please give me a proper rating so that I can get paid for helping you.Bonus will be appreciable. Thank you.

NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.