NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

na - 614

Customer Question

Having used MS Word for 20 years, I've just recently upgraded from Ofc 2003 to 2010. In the past I would create a template, save it and then use it. But now, instead of being able to use it, it will only let me edit the template, not use it. I don't get it. How can I USE a template?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I went out and bought a book on Word 2010. Still it took a while, but I did finally find the answer. For someone that really knows Word 2010, it should have been easy. In 2003 you created the "Form", saved the template file and then just used it. In 2010, you have to save the "Form" itself, found in a place not next to the creation area, and then save the File itself in Word.