Juliene, IT Consultant
Experience:  M.S. in Information Security & Assurance

I have a error 25004, microsoft office keeps on asking for

I have a error 25004, microsoft office keeps on asking for set up, happened twice yesterday and today now it wont take the product key. have registered in December 2011 already. Also gives system error: -1073425663
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Juliene replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome. Can you tell me if this was a trial version already on your computer and you bought a key to activate the full version? Have you recently download and installed any other Microsoft Office versions? Did you make any changed to your system before you got the error? Please let me know and I can continue to assist you. Thanks, Jay
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No it was not a trail version, I bought it at a retail store and loaded in December 2011 already, I loaded a Fix-it utilities 10 essentials to speed and clean my laptop 2 to 3 days ago.

Expert:  Juliene replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Tobie, and to the best of your recollection when you got the computer there was not a trial on it? The Fix-it utilities could have removed a file but that is uncertain. If you're not sure if a trail was on that computer before or not, then you will need to uninstall the program. Then reinstall it.

Please try this utility (under Resolution) from Microsoft and see if it can diagnose and fix installing or uninstalling problems automatically. If not, then remove said program and re-install. You can do so by going to "Start", "Control Panel", "Programs and Features", click on the program and uninstall (at the top). Then run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility and run it by going to "Start", "All Programs", Windows Install Clean UP. Hightlight any Microsoft Office installations you may see and click remove. Then quit the utility. Restart your computer and then install your program. Please let me know if you have any other questions or need further assistance. Thanks, Jay