OfficeExpert
OfficeExpert, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Providing support for MS packages for more then 10 years

I bought the student edition of microsoft office 2010 last

I bought the student edition of microsoft office 2010 last night and when I tried to install it, I was told that it could not be installed until I removed "click to run" which I did not even know I had. However, it will not allow me to uninstall it, or delete it or do anything at all to it. It is "protected" somehow. How can I get past this?
Thank You,
William Jansen
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  OfficeExpert replied 1 year ago.

OfficeExpert :

Hi, as per the problem you have posted in the quetion list there are two ways we can get it fixed, one a less time consuming and a quickfix by using a

remote access tool through which i will be giving you a remote link and all you have to do is click on it to run the tool once connected i will be able

to troubleshoot myself and you simply watch the screen, this will save you a whole lot of time.

Second option is i will provide you steps and you have to follow on your screen to get close to resolution, we might have to try several steps as i do not see your screen whats

going on, this is basically time consuming and a sort of trial and error. Resolution might not be successful and in remote session i know what all steps to perform as per the

situation on the screen. Do let me kwow which one you will prefer.

Remote access is a value added service however this time i am offfering you for free with no additional charge to your existing question posted.

OfficeExpert :

Let me know.

Customer:

Hello, I had been waiting for an answer by email but none came so I signed in here again. I would like to try the first solution you described in which you use the remote access tool to fix my problem.

Customer:

Are you still there?

OfficeExpert :

yes i am there.

OfficeExpert :

let me give you the remote tool to run

Customer:

hello?

OfficeExpert :

click on the link and run the tool.

OfficeExpert :

let me know once connected.

Customer:

where is the link?

Customer:

It seems to be trying to do something

OfficeExpert :

ok

OfficeExpert :

i am getting connected

OfficeExpert :

please reconnect me again.

OfficeExpert :

Me: hi
Me: i am connected now
Guest: ok
Me: when did you purchase the office software?
Guest: late last night
Guest: after midnight I think
Me: do you have the download link on your email?
Guest: I can get it
Me: please open it for me
Guest: u want me to send it?
Me: on your screen
Guest: I am trying to find it I have downloaded it do you want me to open the download?
Me: yes
Me: ok i see that
Me: let me take over the mouse
Guest: k
Me: thanks
Guest: tere is another one just a sec
Guest: see it?
Me: i see that
Me: its installing now, i will let you know why it was not working when you were trying.
Guest: k
Me: let me complete the installation
Me: please be patient it will take some time
Me: i have to disable the mcafee temporarily
Me: as it may be interrupting
Me: i have to boot the computer in save mode
Me: sir you there?
Guest: y
Me: ok
Guest: went to get drink
Me: no probs

OfficeExpert :

waiting for you to connect me.

OfficeExpert :

let me know when you are back.

OfficeExpert, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Providing support for MS packages for more then 10 years