DJ_T_Dogg, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  7+ years of experience in Office 97-2010 Certified! I can assist you today on Excel, Word and Office Issues!

I was locked out of my email hotmail. I have had an email from

Customer Question

I was locked out of my email hotmail. I have had an email from microsoft telling me that I now have access but have to do a change of password. When I follow the password XXXXX link provided, the link is no good. Can you help?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 4 years ago.

Please go to internet explorer and go into tools--->internet options and then delete the cached files, temp files, and everything here.

Then once completed, please go here:

If that didn't work please do the following steps:

Hotmail only offers 3 options for regaining access to your account agian. Let me grab them for you:

I understand, The following ways are the only ways available to their customers to regain access to their account.

To regain access to your account please do all of the following steps:

Okay, if you are unable to get into your Hotmail Account please go to:

Follow the step by step on screen instructions to resetting your password.

You may have to wait 24 hours for Hotmail to contact you. I wouldn't keep trying, they will either contact you via email or call you(if you have a phone number on the account).

If they don't contact you within 24 hours then I would advise to contact them at

1-866-672-4551 1-800-386-5550

This is another way to regain access to what is yours, the other way is by contacting them to inform them of the closed verizon account.

If you are unable to verify using the SMS validation, then the only way to get the account back is to fill out this form with as much information as possible and the best way is to act like the account got hacked (it may or may not have).

The direct link to the Validation Page is:

And hit continue as if you have been hacked.

Specifically some of the info the info you may need to give them is:

Your hotmail e-mail address or "Windows Live ID".
Your full name.
Your date of birth (month/day/year).
Your country.
The state, province or department in which you reside.
Your zip code.
Your IP address from here
The answer to your secret question (if you don't remember it, tell them you don't).
Emergency or secondary email address registered for this account (if no secondary address exists, tell them that).
Your Internet service provider (at work or at home).
The last date and approximate time you were able to log in normally.
Examples of contacts contained in your address book.
Examples of old email titles contained in your inbox folders or messages that were recently sent.

That all will help them validate your account and identity.

Follow the steps and fill out as much information as you can and the Hotmail team should be in touch with you. They will give you a pin number and then a link to a private account/forum. Write down the pin number when it is given to you and keep this in a safe place. You'll need the pin to enter the temporary account that will be created for you. The temporary account means they will setup a private forum where you can discuss the compromised hotmail account with their support agent. Your answers to reset or recover the hacked hotmail password or account will be stored in the private forum. You can return to the forum to check the status of their investigation. It's basically just a support ticket through a temporary Windows Live Solution account.

Once they review all the information they will send you instructions on how to regain access to your account to the alternate email address you provided.

As stated above, the following ways are the only ways to recover your account.The Password Request, Contacting them Via telephone, and their new PIN request are the only 3 ways to regain access to your account.

Glad I could be of assistance and god bless!

Travis B.