John D
John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant

My =EDATE() function has disappeared. Much used in my bookkeeping

Customer Question

My =EDATE() function has disappeared. Much used in my bookkeeping to find Month Number from company calendar. what should I do ?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

EDate() is a special function which is part of the Analysis ToolPak, and which you need to make sure that it is installed for that function to work

If you need help in installing the Analysis ToolPak let me know which version of Excel you are running

Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I knew about Analysis Tool pack. I realise the snag is that I have recently had to replace my computer so the old Excel settings have gone. I get a message about trying an alternate path to PRO11.MSI which I don't have. Any ideas?

Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

That is really another matter which had not been mentioned. I will be happy to look into it but I feel that I have answered your initial question for which I should get credit

Thank you

Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

I have checked that issue and I can confirm that it is totally unrelated to your initial EDATE() question which I have answered. So you need to apply rating for the first question and create a new ticket for the new issue. But I will nevertheless help you with this after the rating. You will have a chance to add bonus later

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I told you I had been using it for years - 10 or so- so did not need the advice about how to instal. My problem is that the installed addin no longer works......