NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have Microsoft Excel 2010 and am attempting to filter a mult-columned

Customer Question

I have Microsoft Excel 2010 and am attempting to filter a mult-columned list of data by a cell entry a few rows above the array of data. I believe I should be able to use the Advanced Filter tool to do this. In the Advanced Filter options for List Range I selected the data array including headings, for the Criteria Range I selected the criteria/entry cell and the cell above it. Because I want to filter it in-place, I can't fill in the Copy To option. When I click "OK", all data is filtered, despite me correctly typing in data that is clearly in one of the columns of the List Range. Am I missing something related to how the Advance Filter tool works?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

Hi

I think I need to see the data in order to help you with this. Do you have the file available that you could send

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Should I reply to your email and attach the file

Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

Ok go to http://www.wikisend.com/ and upload the file using the Browse button (no need to signup) then copy the "File ID" number (or the download link) that you will be given and paste it here in your reply.

If the file has sensitive information let me know before you upload it

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Wikisend is stating there's an error every time I attempt to upload the file. Is there an alternative means to get you the file?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Unfortunately, wikisend is still not working. I tried uploading the document as a .xlsx and .lsx. Is there an alternative means to send the document to you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I figured out my problem. Please do not charge my credit card.

Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

Let me know if you need further help