NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

How do I add borders to a greeting card in Microsoft Word

Customer Question

How do I add borders to a greeting card in Microsoft Word 2007?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 4 years ago.

For adding borders within Word 2007 I would recommend the following tutorial websites and template sites:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/happy-birthday-card-TC010169560.aspx

and

http://www.brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/14718.aspx

That first link is just an example of the cars on the site, you can use it and edit the colors as well as taking off the balloons. Also they do have additional greeting cards under cards.

Glad I could be of assistance and god bless!

Travis B.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I expected that you would help me with the next steps, not just give me tutorial websites to go to. I already tried doing that and it didn't help. I'm now at the point where I have the greeting card template - went into page layout - borders and was able to put a border around the whole page, but I want two separate border boxes, one at the top and one at the bottom. Please help me.

Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 4 years ago.
Sharon,

Please advise as you said greeting cards. Maybe if I understand I can go into Word 2007 on my unit and get one started for you then upload it for you to download.

When you say "two separate border boxes, one at the top and one at the bottom..please advise.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I can send you the file that I have - I think it is only one more step and I'll have the boxes. I then just want to add some text in the inside of the boxes. How do I send you a file?

Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 4 years ago.
Sharon,

Please setup an account with http://www.mediafire.com/

It's free. Then upload your word document and send me the link so I can download it and see what needs to be done.

Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 4 years ago.
So you would like a border seprating the top and the bottom?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, I want the top part of the page to have a red box around the perimeter, and the bottom half of the page to have a similar box. Right now it just has one box around the whole page. Then I want to write some next inside the boxes.

Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 4 years ago.
Sharon,

I understand, I am trying to get this just right.

Travis B.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This should be pretty easy, but I'm missing one thing. I went into the Page Border tab, but maybe it should have been the Borders tab.

Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 4 years ago.
Here you go,

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?5vde6w1z3byhof0

the issue had to do with the page size, as it was too small to add another border.

Travis B.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That isn't close to being what I wanted unfortunately. The file I sent to you has one page, which will be printed and then folded in half into a tent sign. I want one offset red border on all 4 sides of one side of the tent, and one offset red border on the other side of the tent. So my page should have two red boxes on it, one on the top and one on the bottom, instead of one red box surrounding the entire page.

Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 4 years ago.
Sharon..

Alright, so like I first had thought... like this:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?5j4rb14sjbfxjos
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am not very happy. There is only one red line through the center of the page. It doesn't look anything like what I want. I tried to download it so I could see if it looks different and they want me to put all this software on my machine. I don't want you to do this for me, I want you to tell me how to do it. I want to be assigned to another expert please.

Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry I will opt out and let another expert try to assist you as I have tried both of the ideas you have mentioned.

Thanks and god bless!

Travis B
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I still want an answer to my original question. I bought Avery Half-Fold Greeting Cards - want to use them as a tent card with a red border box on each side of the tent and text within each box. I know this is easy to do, but I just need a little help.
Expert:  NewITZone replied 4 years ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. This is Mahbub Shahin can assist you.

You can easily put two text boxes in a single pages. You can change its border style and color. Also make the background as transference.

Attachment: 2012-09-01_230150_labelsharonurban.docx

See the second page. Any more question please let me know.

Please, only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel to rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please reply me via REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have rather then rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service",

I will not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If you think I have helped you with your problem, please give me a proper rating so that I can get paid for helping you.Bonus will be appreciable. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,Just went to office depot. They answered question in less than 5 minutes. I question whether this "expert" knows Word very well.
Expert:  NewITZone replied 4 years ago.

I am apologized. I opt out from this question.

You ask for I want two separate border boxes, one at the top and one at the bottom. Please help me. I just send you the easiest way. Thank you.