Erik B.
Erik B., Consultant
Experience:  Well versed in several editions of Microsoft Office.

I have a new laptop which already has Microsoft Office Home

I have a new laptop which already has Microsoft Office Home & Student 2010 already installed.

I use Microsoft Outlook 2003 for my E Mail. I installed this from my CD; however when I try to open it I get MAP132.dll , how do I fix this so that I can access my Email on this new laptop.
Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be happy to assist you with this issue.

Unfortunately the way to fix this is to remove both 2010 and 2003, then install 2003 first and test. Do you have the product key that came with the computer for 2010? We want to make sure we have that before we remove 2010.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The product key for 2010 is 6M22M-RHM26-KMVCX-CVJ3M-H38F8

The product key for 2003 is HDFMG-9VHYW-GRXP8-D9YH8-MBJ6Y

OK great, so here is what we want to do:

1. Hold down the Windows key and press the R key to open the Run window.
  2. Type appwiz.cpl and click OK. This will open the Programs and Features window.
  3. Scroll down to the Microsoft Office 2010 entry, highlight it, and click the Uninstall button.
  4. Complete the removal wizard, then repeat for Office 2003.
  5. Once both products are gone, CLICK HERE and then click the link under Method 2.
  6. Click the Fix it Button that appears and run the software.
  7. Complete the Fix it.

After doing all that, reinstall your copy of Outlook 2003 and install SP3 from here:

Once you have it installed, open Outlook. Does it now work? Let me know and then we can proceed with installing Office 2010.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for taking so long. Yes I now have my Outlook working perfectly.

I gave you my hotmail e mail address by mistake; my Outlook e mail address [email protected]

So how do I get 2010 installed as I do not have a CD?

Great! Ok now you just need to download Office 2010.

Click the above link and choose to Save the download. It is quite large so will take a while do complete. Once the download is finished, run the file and Office 2010 will start installing. Simply input your product key and you should be good to go.

Let me know if you have any trouble with the link by clicking on Reply to Expert. I will be here. Thanks so much!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thankyou so very much. I have been trying to sort this all day with no success but everything is set up perfectly now.

Joan H.

Glad to hear it Joan! Thanks for letting me know it went OK. Thanks again for your business and enjoy the rest of the weekend!