robmpreston, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  Years of computer repair, upgrades, laptop repair, software solutions, consulting and programming.

When selecting print in word and excel or format cells in excel

When selecting print in word and excel or format cells in excel I get a white "not responding" screen which ultimately returns to the work sheet. If I reboot it solves the problem for 1-2 hours I have tried unistalling and reinstalling Office same results
Is your printer wired or wireless?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The printer is wired and connected to PC but also on a network to the laptop, it works fine after rebooting. The printer problem could possibly be a network gliche but the biggest problem is the "not responding" when formatting cells in excel I am continually having to reboot when preparing documents

Have you tried reinstalling the printer? Does sound like a network problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will try reinstalling printer that could be the cause of the print error but

Network Does not interfer with excel which runs as stand alone on the laptop If i go to "format cells" I get the white "not responding screen" which ultimately returns to the document open