Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP; Microsoft Office, etc.

I continually get the message "SBUpdate Module has stopped

Customer Question

I continually get the message "SBUpdate Module has stopped working" on my screen.
I run Vista 32 and would like to either get rid of this or take steps to correct .
PS I am a Senior person and no computer wiz. but I do like to fix matters myself if possible .
Can you help?
My email address [email protected]
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 4 years ago.

Please click Start->all programs->accessories->system tools->system restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred.

Next, please go to Safe Mode with Networking again, then go to the website
, then click on Download Latest Version, to download and install the Malwarebytes Anti-malware software. Then scan your computer:
(Do not buy anything; just use its free feature.)

If that does not work, please click Start, then type msconfig and press Enter. Then click on the Startup tab and uncheck all the boxes, except your antivirus/security program. Then click OK, and restart the computer, then check. If that does not work, go to msconfig again, then click on the Services tab and check the box at Hide all Microsoft services near the bottom. Then uncheck all the services, except your antivirus/security program. Then click OK, and restart the computer and check.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate bad or poor service, please stop and click on the REPLY tab and reply with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this problem has been going on for months and I am not sure when it started -- can I try downloading the anti malware without restoring my computer?
Oh, don't try system restore, yes, please just try Malwarebytes and my other suggestions as needed. Thank you.