WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Microsoft Office Specialist
21171802

How can I set up a group to do list using Offcie 2010 Outlook

How can I set up a group to do list using Offcie 2010 Outlook ? I want to be able to set taks for staff and have an overall view of these that all can see?

weshouck :

Hi, I can help answer your question.

weshouck :

In Outlook, you have the option to share individual tasks or all tasks.

weshouck :

Follow the steps in this guide to show you how to configure sharing --> CLICK HERE

Customer:

Thanks. Do I need to set up a shared tasks folder on everyones machine to make this work or just one of us? I will need people to be able to remotely get reminders for tasks and to be able to close tasks when completed by them.

weshouck :

You just need to set up the Shared folder from your computer/ Outlook program. Then other people will be able to see your tasks remotely.

weshouck :

Let me know if you need additional help.

Customer:

Set that up now but when I set up a task in my new task folder and assign it to others in the new folder Outlook says it will not update me because the task is not in my default task list. Do I have to set this up from my default list or is there another way?

weshouck :

You have two options. 1 is share the default tasks lists or 2 share a custom task list.

weshouck :

The link I provided you includes instructions for both options.