LeGin
LeGin, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  BSc (Computer Science)
15216141

How do I change the text shadow color in PowerPoint 2007

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  LeGin replied 2 years ago.

LeGin :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assist you today.

LeGin :

On the Format contextual tab, in the WordArt styles group, click on the text effects button, choose shadow, shadow options at the bottom, you can adjust the color there.
If your text is in a shape and the shape has no fill and you want to apply a shadow to the text, use the button shape effects - shadow - shadow options in the shape styles group.

Customer:

Hello LeGin

Customer:

I don't want to use Word Art - this is for a Master Slide

LeGin :

ok

Customer:

the text is in a regular ppt "click to edit master title style"

Customer:

If I highlight the text and choose format shape - there is no shadow option

Customer:

If I choose text effects in word art, it is grayed out and it doesn't appear you can choose an option

LeGin :

This Powerpoint 2007...correct?

Customer:

Thanks for the link - I have already been there and tried that

LeGin :

1 min

Customer:

yes PPT 2007

LeGin :

I am trying the same here on 2007... 1min

Customer:

ok thanks

Customer:

I am trying to set the shadow color to black on the top slide master so it defaults to the others

LeGin :

it worked for me

Customer:

when I follow those directions - all options on the shadow types are grayed out and I am unable to select the Shadow options box

LeGin :

you have to highlight the text which you need the color changed first and then choose the option

Customer:

could there be a setting in this template that is keeping me from utilizing that option?

LeGin :

no there is no setting, you can try insert a new slide and check if the works

Customer:

I tried it with text highlighted and that didn't work so I tried just highlighting the box and neither one work

Customer:

on the slide master there is a Preserve button that is highlighted - how do I get that off? maybe that is the culprit

LeGin :

By clicking what happens

LeGin :

Preserve button can be toggle on and off by clicking

Customer:

I got the preserve button off but still nothing shows up in word art - it is still shadowed

LeGin :

did you try a new slide, lets check if that is issue with the master slide

Customer:

how do I create a new slide on the master with my current background

Customer:

I added just a blank slide to the master and tried to create a shadow on that one and the same thing - on word art dropdown, the shadow optoins are all grayed out

Customer:

none of theText effects are available - all grayed out

LeGin :

Close this ppt file. and click the office button and click new

Customer:

ok

Customer:

done

LeGin :

on this new file try the shadow option

Customer:

now what

LeGin :

Highlight the text box and click format tab

Customer:

that worked so it must be something in the settings of the other one

LeGin :

text effect and then click Shadow.

Customer:

works in new one but not in the one I want it to

LeGin :

Ok. now open the master slide

LeGin :

An click on the Review tab, and look for Protect Presentation.

Customer:

in blank new one or old one

LeGin :

old one with problem

Customer:

no option on review tab while in Master slide view

LeGin :

under the Review tab what are option you have ..??

Customer:

spelling research rest are grayed out byt nothing that says Protect presentation

LeGin :

Seems there is something wrong with this master slide or it is corrupted, as the new one we created is working fine.

Customer:

it is from a template that I doctored. If you can help meseparate the graphics out from the master slide, I can copy past them in to a new ppt and perhaps that will work.

LeGin :

On the Left Window click to highlight slide 1.

LeGin :

Press Crtl + A

LeGin :

Then Press Ctrl + C to copy and Ctrl + V paste

LeGin :

if you want portions of the graphics then highlight the same and copy paste

Customer:

that works for all the text boxes but the graphics do not get selected when I do the selct all. perhaps it is a solid graphic

LeGin :

yes

Customer:

but that still doesn't explain why I can't get the fonts to work....and why the shadows option is grayed out - any guesses?

LeGin :

there could be only two reason, the file is protected or corrupted.

Customer:

is there a way to tell or fix either?

LeGin :

That is also one reason you where not able to copy graphic

Customer:

I think I will start over - thanks for your help. I have to go to a meeting

LeGin :

you can try this link which will help you with customize master slide which are locked.

Customer:

ok thanks - I appreciate your efforts - thanks for trying to get it to work...

LeGin :

if that doesn't work then it is for sure problem with the ppt file.

LeGin :

I hope this helps. Please reply back if you have additional questions or concerns. If you have no additional questions please remember to rate my service before exiting the site so I can be credited for my time

LeGin, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: BSc (Computer Science)
Expert:  LeGin replied 2 years ago.
Let me if that helped and if you have some additional questions regarding the same.
Thanks LeGin