weshouck
weshouck, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Microsoft Office Specialist
21171802

I am using Outlook 2010. Sometimes I want to "copy" a name

I am using Outlook 2010. Sometimes I want to "copy" a name and address from "Contacts" and paste it into a word processing document (I use WordPerfect).

When I do this, the name is XXXXX XXXXX name first, along with telephone numbers, etc. when I want is the name and address. Is there some way I can copy/paste just the name and address with the name getting pasted first name/last name?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  weshouck replied 2 years ago.

weshouck :

Hi, I can help answer your question.

Customer:
weshouck :

Outlook copies only the name and not the email for known Contacts.

weshouck :

To get the Name & and email address, you can perform this workaround.

weshouck :

1. Right-click on the Name in question and select Add to Contacts

weshouck :

2. Copy the desired Name and email address and paste where needed.

weshouck :

3. Click Cancel to close the dialog box.

weshouck :

If you want to retain the email format then you can right-click on the e-mail message and choose Message Options.

Then scroll through the Internet Headers near the bottom, to get the email format:FIRST LAST <email@address.com>

Customer:

I believe I am on a unlimited question and answer plan.

weshouck :

No problem. I'm here to help.

Customer:

Also, I want to copy the name (in proper order) and mailing address (not e-mail address).

Also, when I right click on a name in "contacts" I am not given the choice of "add to contacts"; you should know I am working in the "business card" format.

weshouck :

Let me check, one moment please.

weshouck :

To accomplish this, you'll need to open each contact and copy the name, paste it into Word Perfect, then copy the address and paste it into Word Perfect.

Customer:

Then it's probably easier to do what I have been doing which is to copy the entire contact, paste it into WordPerfect and the delete the phone numbers, etc, I don't want and reverse the order of the names. Oy. Not very elegant.

Customer:

Just found this:

weshouck :

There is a mail merge option, but it works with Microsoft Word and not Word Perfect. It's cumbersome to use with Word Perfect.

weshouck :

You can also export all your contacts into a .CSV file and then delete the columns you don't want. Then paste the Name / Address into WordPerfect.

Customer:

The problem is that my contact information keeps changing and it's hard enough keeping my Outlook contacts current. Are you sure that WordPerfect doesn't have a feature like the one in Word?

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/556

weshouck :

yes.

weshouck :

Word Perfect requires that you export your contacts to a .CSV file first.

weshouck :

That's cumbersome.

Customer:

Oh well, it was worth a shot. Thanks for your help.

weshouck :

No problem.

weshouck :

Thanks

weshouck, Information Systems Manager
Experience: Microsoft Office Specialist