Cris
Cris, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  Over 10yrs experience in Microsoft Office ranging from 2000-2010. Also similar products like OpenOffice.
10156100

I have a computer that has Windows XP on it with Microsoft

I have a computer that has Windows XP on it with Microsoft Office. Can I copy and transfer Microsoft Office to this computer which has Windows 7?

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will assist you with your question.

Do you have the disc and product for your office suite?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No it came installed.
Unfortunately no you cannot transfer the suite w/o the disc and prodcut.

It's usually preinstalled by the manufacturer but they usually will send you the disc for back up case it needs to be reinstalled.

Microsoft Office is a suite which creates the common files used to create .doc (word files) xls (excel files) .ppt(powerpoint slides).

You can download a free office suite called OpenOffice which will create the exact same files and allow you to open them in OpenOffice or Microsoft Office suite.

I have provided the link below, when you reach the site click on Download Installer. Then Run the site will then download and install the suite for you.

Click here>>>OpenOffice Download

Please reply back with any further questions BEFORE selecting any negative rating. I will answer your follow up questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have down loaded the link. Thank you so much for your help.
your very welcome!

Selecting a positive rating so that I am credited for helping you is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cris