NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

We were cut off before. I have unwanted lines at the top of

Customer Question

We were cut off before. I have unwanted lines at the top of every page of endnotes in MS Word 2010. I converted from footnotes. Word 2010 won't allow me to highlight the lines to delete them. I suspect the lines are left over from the footnote coding. I had a lot of trouble with footnotes before converting. I finally was able to fix those problems with some help from Microsoft chat support. Now chat support is giving me the run around. That's why I came to you.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is Jess and I am glad to assist you today.

Can you send the file to me so that I can check it here? If the file does not contain sensitive data, you can upload it here:

http://wikisend.com

After the upload, please post the 6-Digit File ID or download link when you reply so that I can get your file.

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you need the entire book, or will just the endnotes be enough?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for writing back.

I guess just the part with the problem so that I will know the source of the problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Interesting. When I cut and pasted the endnotes pages into a new blank page, the lines weren't there. I'm going to play with this a bit. Please stay available..
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
OK. Please take your time.
Also, are these lines being shown when you Preview for printing? Perhaps a manual cut and paste can strip the faulty layout.

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well, I tried that. When I cut and paste just the endnotes, I don't get the lines. When I cut and paste the rest of the book onto the endnotes without the lines, the lines reappear. I'm almost certain the coding is in the early part of the book. Can I trust my book to you?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
With me YES. I will just work on the problem and I will not do anything with your book. I am here for the technical side of it.

But I have to inform you that the site WHERE I asked you to upload the file is not secure since it is a free site: http://wikisend.com

Your file will be available for 7 days there but only the people whom you give the file ID or the download link can download the file.

Or you can see if there is ATTACHMENT link in the reply box there where you can attach the file. Also, you can contact experts @justanswer.com to send an attachment to me.

Also, I have already done a Word layout work with other customer previously. It was Word issue also.

Just let me know.
Jess
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have to think about this. I'll get back to you tomorrow. I'm almost sure I have located the problem. Oh, for WordPerfect's "Reveal Codes" function! I'd have had this fixed long ago. Thanks.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Sure, no problem. Please take your time and we can resume when you are available and when you need further assistance.

Jess
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your offer to help. The issue was resolved last night (finally!). Have a good day.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
OK. I am glad that you were able to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks again, Jess. I appreciate your offer to help. I think I'm OK now. Best wishes and Bye,

Royal

Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
You're welcome.
If you need assistance in the future, just let us know.

Regards,
Jess