IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

Support, I enjoy using MS Office Word 2007, but when I attempt

Support,

I enjoy using MS Office Word 2007, but when I attempt to mail the material drafted (with a copy to my address) it does not transmit. I have all parts including:

1) Excel
2) One Note
3) Outlook
4) Power Point
5) Publisher
6) Word
7) Office tools

Please tell me how to make the email work, so I don't have to copy and paste the drafted material over to my Juno email account.

Jeff
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you solve your problem.

All you need to do is set up an e-mail account in Outlook and all Office products will use Outlook to send your materials as attachments, since there is Send option available when you click on Office button in every product.

So, have you configured an e-mail account in Outlook yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm leaving for an appointment now. I'll investigate this and respond when I return.

Thank you, Jeff

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Just set up an e-mail account in Outlook 2007 and you will have an option to send all Office documents as attachment directly from Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.

If you need help setting up an e-mail account in Outlook, I can help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Miro,

I clicked on Start and typed Outlook Express in the search box. A four panel screen was produced, so I must have it, but it doesn't appear under 'All Programs' or under 'Control Panel' by clicking on 'Programs and Features'. There are many entries under:

Microsoft Visual C+++2005 Redistributable

I don't know how to use it or set up an email account to send material drafted on Office 2007. Help would be appreciated.

Jeff

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Just type outlook in the search box. What are the results? Any yellow icon (Outlook)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Miro,

Yes, I typed Outlook in the search box and 5 'headings' came up, all with entries on the line just below and indented, each with its own logo shape. Starting at the top:

Programs (1)

logo (looks like a yellow clock face @ 10:10) followed by: - Microsoft

Office Outlook 2007

Control Panel (1)

logo (looks like a square behind a rectangle) - Go online to get

Windows Live Essentials

Documents (1)

logo (looks like a square in front of a larger square with 'W' inside)

- Work with Erik (The title of one of my documents).

Microsoft Office Outlook (11)

Four different entries, each with logos looking like envelopes open or

closed.

Files (13)

logo - Microsoft Office Outlook

logo - Outlook.en-us

logo - OutlookMUI

Logo (tennis racket) - 'See more results'. - There after there are 21 more entries with logos too numerous to detail. Many are envelopes open or closed. The last 8 are logos that look like a page with a globe and lines (like text). Each logo is followed by the word 'setup'.

I hope this helps.

Jeff

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Jeff!

First result seems to be the right one: Microsoft Outlook (Programs). Its icon looks like this:

graphic

Once you start it, you should see this window:

graphic

You can use Startup Wizard to set up your Juno e-mail account in Outlook so that you can send e-mails with attachments directly from Outlook, without the need to sign in to web-based e-mail. Even though you might have already gotten used to Juno web-based e-mail, you will find Outlook very handy.

So, click Next on startup screen and choose Yes to configure an E-mail account. On Add New E-mail account window, enter your name, Juno e-mail address and a password XXXXX click Next. At that point, Outlook will automatically search for server settings and finish configuring an e-mail account.

If it was successful, click Finish and all your e-mails will be downloaded into Outlook. If not, you can manually start e-mail download by clicking F9 button (Send/Receive All Folders).

Now you can start using Outlook to send and receive e-mails. Since every Office product has Send function, you can easily send documents as attachments using Outlook.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Miro,

Yes that is the icon displayed. I clicked on MS Office 2007 and it displayed the screen with a note asking if I wish RSS feeds to be synchronized. I don't know what RSS feeds are and whether or not I want then synchronized. Please explain.

When I clicked on Microsoft Office 2007 again the same screen appeared absent the RSS feed note (I clicked Remind Me Later), but no start up wizard appeared. What should I do to obtain the start up wizard?

Jeff

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
RSS feeds represent simplified information, mostly news. Here is an example of Yahoo! RSS world news:
http://news.yahoo.com/rss/world

RSS synchronization has nothing to do with setting up an e-mail account. It is just an advanced option in Outlook.

To obtain Startup Wizard again, close Outlook if it is running and click Start and type (or copy&paste) this command below into search bar and then press Enter:
outlook.exe /firstrun

It should start Outlook with Startup Wizard where you can follow on-screen instructions to set up an e-mail account.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Miro,.

I clicked Start and pasted outlook.exe /firstrun in the search box. When I hit enter, the same outlook email page appeared, nut no setup wizard. Does that mean it's already set up?

If not, how can I obtain the setup Wizard?

Jeff

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
In that case, just start Outlook normally and then click Tools and then Account Settings..., as shown on this image:

graphic

Account Settings window will open and there click on the New... button. Add New E-mail Account wizard will start so choose Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, HTTP and click Next.

Now enter your name, e-mail address and password XXXXX click Next. Outlook will then test connection with Juno mail server and if everything was set up correctly, you can click Finish.

However, if Outlook can't connect to Juno mail server automatically and gives you an error, you will need to click Back and check the Manually configure server settings or additional server types checkbox and click Next.

There enter your name and Juno e-mail address and use this Server Information:

Account Type: POP3
Incoming mail server: pop.juno.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.juno.com

In Logon Information, type your Juno account name (without @juno.com) as User Name and your password XXXXX Password.

Leave the Remember password checkbox checked and then click on the Test Account Settings... button to test the connection. If Outlook can successfully log onto incoming mail server and send test e-mail message, click Finish and your mail should start downloading into Outlook.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Miro,

I'm back after an appointment. I copied and pasted your instructions to MS Office Word 2007, printed it out to be sure I would follow it exactly. To open Outlook, I clicked on Start, typed Outlook in the search box and then double clicked on MS Office Outlook. Then I clicked on Next and chose Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, HTTP .

From there, I clicked 'New' and got another screen containing Name and type. The name was my usual XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX email address. the type was POP/SMTP (send fron this account by default). At some point, it asked for the password XXXXX ISP had given me. I don't know what that is. Every time I open juno.com, I type a 4 letter password XXXXX it opens.

Regardless, it attempted to locate my XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX encripted settings and failed. Then I allowed it to search for non-encrypted setting, and that also failed.

Then I filled in XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and POP/SMTP my 4-letter password XXXXX something and it worked. ?????

I'll test it after the evening news and get back to you with a report

Jeff

I got the usual screen, clicked on Tools, then Account Settings. In Account Settings window, I clicked on new

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
You need to use the same user name (Juno member ID) and password XXXXX you use on Juno web-based e-mail (LINK).

However, if you managed to get it working, your e-mail should start downloading into Outlook mailbox automatically after clicking Finish. If not, press F9 to request it manually.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Miro,

I'm back at work setting up MS Office Outlook with my juno.com email address. I thought it was done yesterday, but it did not work. So I started over, and I got to the point:

Tools>AccountSettings>New>MicrosoftExchange>POP3>IMAP>HTTP>Next

Outlook tested the encrypted address and it failed. Then it tested the unencrypted address. That failed also, so I clicked Back and checked Manually, etc. and clicked on Next. Then I entered the Server Information:

Account Type: POP3, Incoming mail server: pop.juno.com, Outgoing mail server(SMTP) : smtp.juno.com. Then I typed Username:Customerand my password (I used the password XXXXX I've always used. If Juno gave me a password XXXXX ago, I don't know it. I left the Remember password XXXXX checked. Finally I clicked Test Account Settings. It ran for a while and then gave me this error message: Send test e-mail message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP)

e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

I ran the whole procedure a second time to ensure accuracy of the entries. (I'm unable to cancel italics and large print. So, now I'm stumped and need more assistance,

Jeff

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!

I just checked the settings and it seems Juno server requires encryption so once you have typed all the information needed, click on the More Settings... button and do the following:

1. Click on the Outgoing Server tab and place a check in the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication

2. Select Use the same settings as my incoming server

3. Click on the Advanced tab and place a check in the boxes next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under both the POP and SMTP sections

4. Change the POP port number to 995 and the SMTP port number to 465

5. Check a box next to Leave a copy of messages on the server and click the OK button

6. Click the Next button to finish setting up your Juno email account

That should do it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Miro,

I successfully completed all of the the instructions you gave me and got a success message. I tried sending a long message to a website thinking if I had completed MS Office Outlook, that other websites allowing responses would also work.

I sent a copy to my juno address, but it never arrived. I'm going to open Outlook now and compose a test message and send it to my email addresses to see if it works. I'll report on this, hopefully before I send this message.

Report: I opened Outlook, got the screen with four panels, but I don't know how to begin composing text. I feel so dumb !

Better Test: I drafted two emails this evening, both in the MS Office 2007 system with a copy to XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. I clicked on the Send button and they show up in the Outlook outbox, but when I close Outlook, the message appears saying I have 2 messages in my outbox that have not been sent. I guess I don't know how to operate the Outlook system, or the success message was bogus.

What next? How do I open a screen in Outlook, so I can begin composing a test email?

Jeff

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Jeff!

I didn't know you were using Outlook for the first time so I hadn't described how to compose a message and send it.

Here it goes:

1. Start Outlook and either click on New > Mail Message button or just press Ctrl+N keys simultaneously to open a new window where you can type recipient's e-mail address, copy of the same e-mail (Cc), subject and the message

2. Once you are done, click Send button and by doing that, it won't actually send that message, but it will sent it to Outbox folder. To actually send that message, you will need to either press Send/Receive button or press F9 (shortcut). That action both receives new e-mails from Juno mail server as well as sends pending e-mails from Outbox folder

3. As you can see, Outlook is not connected to Juno server all the time, but it synchronizes e-mails only when you press Send/Receive button or F9. You can schedule an automatic send/receive by clicking on Tools and selecting Options... Then click on the Mail Setup tab and click the Send/Receive... button. Make sure the Schedule an automatic send/receive every checkbox is checked and assign after how many minutes you want automatically send/receive e-mails. You can also check the Send immediately when connected checkbox under Mail Setup tab

That should work. Enjoy using Outlook!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Miro,

I drafted a detailed reply about trying to use Outlook, but I must have failed to click on something to send it. I'll try to reconstruct it.

I have two emails in my outbox waiting to be sent. When I open Outlook and get the screen with 4 panels (Inbox, to-do, etc.), I click on Outbox (2) and the two emails show as short descriptions. If I left click on either, on one occasion a smakk box appeared with choices like: Jeff Fawsett, XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX, ,help, etc., yet just now a left click produced nothing.

If i double click, the email is displayed. At this point, I think I can send it. If I clock on Send, and it disappears. But I check

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!

Open a mail located in Outbox folder and click Send again and after that, press F9 key and Outlook will send it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Miro ,

I was editing my reply when it disappeared. Apparently it had already been sent. You replied, and I was unable to send the edited reply. I'll try your suggestion about F9. So, here is what I was adding:

Miro,

I drafted a detailed reply about trying to use Outlook, but I must have failed to click on something to send it. I'll try to reconstruct it now.

I have two emails in my outbox waiting to be sent. When I open Outlook and get the screen with 4 panels (Inbox, to-do, etc.), I click on Outbox (2) and the two emails show as short descriptions. When I left clicked on either, on one occasion a small box appeared with choices like: Jeff Fawsett, XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX, help, etc., yet just now a left click produced nothing.

If I double click, the email is displayed. At this point, I think I can send it. If I click on Send, it disappears. But I check sent items under Mail and Mail Folders, and it hasn't been sent.

Next, if I double click either email to display it, then click the 'Office button' in the upper left hand corner a box opens with choices. One is Send and it displays a lot of options. When I click send, the screen disappears, but checking Sent Items again, I find it hasn't been sent.

Next I just click on an email and click on the 'Send Now/' button, a box opens with Jeff Fawsett, my juno address, check for updates, my account, help and sign out. I clicked on my juno address and the box disappears, but checking again and the email hasn't been sent.

I have an idea what may be wrong, other than my ignorance about Outlook. At some point when I was struggling to set up Outlook with my juno address, I recall a prompt saying, "Enter your password XXXXX juno gave you" or something to that effect. Earlier, I wrote to you saying I don't remember that juno ever gave me a password XXXXX the email account was set up. I just entered my 4-letter password XXXXX I use to open it for several years. I also remember a screen saying, "Outlook does not recognizeCustomer@juno.com (My email address). If this is actually what is keeping me from using Outlook to send emails, how can I learn if (and what) juno gave me for a password?

Last thought for the day. I am so impressed with your knowledge of computers. software, programs and how clear your direction are stating directions without abbreviations, etc.

Jeff

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Miro,

I just tried Outlook(2)>Double click on an email to display it>click Send>depress F9 and the box appeared with a green band running left to right. Four things are displayed and soon the box disappears. I checked again and nothing was sent.

Maybe I had to enter a password XXXXX by juno (which I don't recall)when setting up. I'll wait for your reply

Jeff

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!

If you say you are not sure about Juno password, it could be that Outlook can't connect to Juno mail server correctly so it is unable to send e-mails.

You can check that by following these instructions:

1. Start Outlook and click Tools and then Account Settings...
2. You will see Juno e-mail account there so click on it to select it and then click the Change... button
3. Change Account window will appear and there click the Test Account Settings... button located on the right side
4. Outlook will then attempt to connect to Juno mail server using provided user name and password XXXXX if connection was successful, it will send test e-mail message

So, what is the status of that test? Is it Completed (OK) or you get an error?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Miro,

I followed your instructions 1. thru 4. and the email did not send. There were two account names: I'll leave the @ out of the two names, so you can see what they are:

Name -----------------------------Type

Customerjuno.com ...... POP/SMTP (Send from this address by default)Customerjuno.com .......POP/SMTP

I tried each. On the first I got two error messages:

1) Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Cannot find the e-mail server. Verify the server information in your account properties.

2) Send test e-mail message: Cannot find the e-mail server. Verify the server information in your account properties.

On the second, I got one error messages:

1) Send test e-mail message: The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Another interesting note. On the dialogue box named 'Change Email Account' if I click on next, it gives me the Congratulations! You have successfully, etc. But it is not correct. The email still didn't transmit.

I'll wait for more instructions.

Jeff

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!

It seems you entered incorrect server settings so Outlook cannot connect to Juno mail server.

Let's try to re-configure Juno e-mail account in Outlook. I will include images so you can easily follow and verify that you have entered all the settings correctly.

1. Start Outlook and go to Tools > Account Settings...

2. Select second account [Customer@juno.com] and click the Remove button and confirm the removal

3. Now select first account [Customer@juno.com (send from this account by default)] and click the Change... button

4. Change Account window will open and verify that you have entered all the settings exactly as shown on this image:

graphic

(you can type any name into Your Name box; type Juno mail password XXXXX Password box you use to log in to web-based Juno mail)

5. After that, click the More Settings... button and verify that you have the same settings in all 4 tabs as shown on this 4 images:

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

6. After correcting or confirming that you have the same settings as shown on these images, click OK and you be back to Change Account window. There click the Test Account Settings... button and Outlook will re-test the connection with Juno mail server and if everything was set up correctly, it should give you this message as shown on the image:

graphic

7. That confirms everything has been set up correctly. Now you can click the Next button and then the Finish button

8. When Outlook was checking the connection with Juno mail server, it sent test e-mail message to your Juno e-mail address so you should be having a new e-mail named Microsoft Outlook Test Message sent by Microsoft Outlook. Check that on Juno web-based mail

9. OK, let's send an e-mail using Outlook. Click the New > Mail Message button or just press Ctrl+N simultaneously and a new window will show up.

In To... box type recipient's e-mail address. Since we are testing sending an e-mail from Outlook, just type your e-mail address (either <strongCustomerjuno.com or a different e-mail address if you have it). Leave Cc... box empty. Type OUTLOOK TEST or something else in Subject: box and finally, type something in body of the e-mail (real message), for example:
"I am just testing sending an e-mail using Outlook and I hope it will get delivered!" Smile

Finally, click the Send button and after that, press F9 key

10. Wait several seconds and check your Inbox (on web-based Juno mail) to see if e-mail successfully got delivered

IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Miro,

I've been away from the computer on other business. I'm sorry for the delay in responding.

I'm all set up. Thank you so much for your patience and diligence in helping me with a difficult task. I'd like to send you a $10 bonus. I have $5 deposited in my account. Another $5 should be applied to my credit card on file.

You are simply an incredible resource. I will sent other questions marked, 'For Your Eyes Only.'

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Thank you.

Jeff Fawsett

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Jeff!

I am so glad I could help and that all is working now.

If you would like to request me in the future, you can do that by clicking my profile link and typing a question there. It will go directly to me.

Link:
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-it-miro

Regards,

IT Miro, Computer Scientist