Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP; Microsoft Office, etc.

I was typing along and suddenly the type turned red. I can

I was typing along and suddenly the type turned red. I can not backspace or delete. How do I get back to just black type so I can finish my paper
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 4 years ago.

It looks like you have accidentally turned on the tracking changes option. When you are in that Word document, please press at the same time the 3 keys Ctrl, Shift and E to turn off/on the tracking option.

If needed, you can see more details/options at

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate bad or poor service, please stop and click on the REPLY tab and reply with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,