Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years

my out look dosent look right and need help

my out look dosen't look right and need help
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am glad to assist you today.
  1. Are you using Windows XP, Vista or 7?
  2. Are you using Outlook 2007 or 2010?
  3. What exactly is the problem that you are experiencing with your Outlook? Unable to send or receive?
  4. What is the domain name part of the email that is in your Outlook? @Yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, @gmail.com, or others?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The e-mail that I recive dosen't look right it look a little light to I tryed with Microsoft they its oky the letter that i recive should be alittle dark and I need to how to do that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The e-mail that I recive dosen't look right it look a little light to I tryed with Microsoft they its oky the letter that i recive should be alittle dark and I need to how to do that?thers ,The e-mail that I recive dosen't look right it look a little light to I tryed with Microsoft they its oky the letter that i recive should be alittle dark and I need to how to do that?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Bassil,

Are you saying the email message when you open it, the text are somewhat light on screen?

Is this just a recent problem? Or this has been the case when you first use Outlook.

Also, are you using Outlook 2007 or 2010?

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes outlook 2010
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Is this just a recent problem? Emails appear normal before like few days ago?
Is the problem occurring when you open the email? Or even when you view your email listing in your Inbox?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is a test chat script.

TechMaster team.like this dose show realy clear like I see it now or you see it is light and some of the stuff that yu asked could be true

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Bassil,

First, you can reset the views for the entire mailbox in your Outlook 2010. When you open Outlook using the /cleanviews switch you will "wipe out" or discard all custom views that you might have set and return all default views to “factory default”.

To do the reset, please do the following:
  1. Close your MS Outlook program
  2. Allow about 60 seconds for the entire Outlook to be closed. That is, click the X button to close or Exit then proceed with step 3 after 60 seconds.
  3. Open the RUN box to issue the command easily. The RUN box is located at Start => All Programs => Accessories => RUN. Another way is to press the Windows logo key and hold, then press the letter R (Windows Logo + R)
  4. When you have the RUN box open, please type this command:

Outlook.exe /cleanviews

5. Here is my screen shot:

6. Then click on OK or press Enter
  7. Then Outlook shall load in the Default views then see if the emails display just fine this time.

Please be sure to rate my answer with 3 or more stars/smileys if this helped. Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further. If you have further question, or if the problem still continues, please DO NOT rate me with 1 or 2 stars/faces. Instead, please use the Continue the Conversation tab to reply to me.

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I noticed that you posted a duplicate question. Please let us continue here.

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi: Jessmagz I tryed what you told me to do when I went to run and tpyed outlook.exe/cleanviews it didn't work every thing even my intenet explore lookse that way at the top of the address bar

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
You need to type it in the RUN box. Were you able to see the screen shot that I posted? In the RUN box, you need to type:

Outlook.exe /cleanviews

Note that there is a space between e and /

Clicking OK will open Outlook so make sure that Outlook is CLOSED or not running when you do the command in the RUN box.

Please give it another try.

Regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bassil,

Were you able to get into the RUN box to type the command there?
Here is my screen shot:

If you get any error message please let me know the exact error so that I can troubleshoot the problem further.

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did get the run the second time I did it I put outlook.exe /cleanviews the outlook came up but it dosen't look clear the s on just Answer is't clear even like I said on internet expolre is the same if you could log on to the computer i would let you see it
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bassil,

I just want to clarify. You were able to open Outlook when you go to the RUN box and use the Outlook.exe /clearviews command. Is htis correct? But then Outlook is still showing emails veru light?

If you can capture a screen shot of your screen showing the Outlook problem, please do so and then use the paper clip icon in the Reply box to attach the screen shot. Or you can go to:

http://wikisend.com

and the upload the screen hsot or image there. After the upload, you will get a 6-digit File ID and a download link. Please post the download link or the file ID when you reply so that I can get your screen shot.

For more information on how to create a screen shot, please click on this link:
http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that was correct it opened up and it didn't look clear at all

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Can you post a screen shot using the procedures that I gave you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do I get the attchment to you like you are saying

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

http://wikisend.com

and the upload the screen shot or image there. After the upload, you will get a 6-digit File ID and a download link. Please post the download link or the file ID when you reply so that I can get your screen shot.

http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm trying to do what youare doing
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, please take your time. You can post the screen shot using the paper clip icon in the reply box, or using wikisend.com. With wikisend, just do not forget the file id or the download link after you upload the screen shot file. Post the file id or the download link when you reply so that I can download the screen shot.

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I keep gettin this every time I try to upload it
The website cannot display the page
HTTP 500

Most likely causes:

• The website is under maintenance.

• The website has a programming error.

What you can try:

Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
You can manually type in your web browser:

http://wikisend.com

Here is my sample download link:
http://www.wikisend.com/download/527996/Untitled.png
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I send it to you do is there supose to be a sutern amount to be upload?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Have you already created the screen shot that captured the Outlook problem?
If you are referring to wikisend, you just need to upload the file and it is free, no need to register. After the upload you will get a file id or download link. Give me the file id or download link when you reply.

Also, if you see the paper clip icon in the reply box, you can use it as well to upload the image attached to your reply.

Here is my current screen shot showing the paper clip icon in the reply box. (See below)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm trying I got the paint

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what do I do if I forgot my password

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to nginx!this what I get now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you got it
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Bassil,

Which password XXXXX you referring to?
Have you created the screen shot already?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when I put in favisgreen1 but that dosen't work and when I put in forgot password XXXXX dosen't givee me the new one

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bassil,

Which password XXXXX you referring to? A password XXXXX wikisend.com? You do not need to register there at wikisend.com. You just upload the the screen shot and copy the file ID or download link that you will get and post it here so that I can get your screen shot.

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I got to you please check and let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any thing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
I am haveing trouble I with the outlook it dosen't look right to me or the address bar on the internet exlpore I sent an attcment to jessmaqz and he never resopnd back to me Ryan B didn't resond it said data loading wait ... but I didn't get anything at all. I need to what to do to fix it from a light color
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bassil,

Where is the screen shot that you are referring to? I did not see any attachments in your reply. Did you post it here in your reply using the paper clip icon? Or did you upload it at wikisend.com?

Let me know.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there is on as e-mail one as web from square like the picture do you want me to try againCustomerwhen I download it if you want me do it again please e-mail me the wikisend .com again it is a square box and not paper clip

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Please click on this link below:

http://wikisend.com

Upload your screen shot there then post the 6-digit File ID.

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it should be there underCustomerDoc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if it is not there do I use your clip or mine?So check it now ,it should be there underCustomerDoc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I got your screen shot. Thank you very much.

Which part of the scree are you referring to a very light? Is it in the left, center or right panel? They all appear normal in my screen.

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to me it is both side the message that you saw shouldn't be a little darker can I send you one more from internt explore if that is okay about the internet expolre i can send to you on that it like the address bar you saw the 8 on the message it is not right it sort of weard
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
YES, you can send me another screen shot. Just send it the very the same method that you used to post the screen shot recently.

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I cannot see the attached image. Can you try to attach it again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I see the images now.

These are screen shot in your Internet Explorer showing the Justanswer screen and they appear normal to me and not light as you describe.

Are they light or very light in your screen there? If it is so, I believe you need to adjust the brightness of your screen.

Are you using a laptop or a desktop?

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information.

All of the screen shots that you posted to me are not "light" as per your description in the problem. So I believe you need to DECREASE the brightness of your screen.

Can you please tell me the exact make and model of your laptop? (Like HP Pavilion DV6000)

Also, are you using Windows XP, Vista or 7? I need this information to be able to provide you exact procedures in decreasing your screen brightness.

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dell XPS 1701 or a Dell XPS L701X one these two are it

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information.

Please click on this link and you shall see the version of your Windows if it is Windows XP, Vista or 7.

http://supportdetails.com/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do I need to put my Name & e--mail in?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
No. Just tell me what is listed there under Operating System. Is it Windows XP, Vista or 7?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows 7 also I don't know before my screen was blue not on outlook or on internet Explore but on my screen it is black how do I change that?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for that information.

To change the brightness of your screen, Isuggest that you DECREASE the broghtness since you mentioned that it is too light. Here are the steps:
  1. Click Start => Control Panel
  2. In the View by, please click on it then select "Small icons"
  3. This is to ensure that all control panel items will be shown
  4. Here is my screen shot

5. When all items are displayed, please locate and click on Display (Refer to screen shot above)
  6. Then the Display dialog box will appear
  7. In the left sidebar, please locate and click on "Adjust brightness" link
  8. Here is my screen shot:

9. In the screen that appears next, please MOVE the slider at the button part to the left to decrease the brightness of the screen since your screen appears too bright
  10. Here is my screen shot:

11. That should resolve the issue. If the screen becomes too dark, go back to that place again the adjust it further to fit your preferred brightness.

Now, regarding changing the background of your screen, please do this:

1. Right click on ANY part of your screen or desktop screen that is vacant, DO NOT right click on any icon.
  2. Here is my screen shot:

3. In the context menu that appears, click on Personalize
  4. There you can select your THEME from the selection items

Please be sure to rate my answer with 3 or more stars/smileys if this helped. Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further. If you have further question, please use the Continue the Conversation tab to reply to me.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is realy good Techician I what him to help me from know on
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bassil,

I am sorry for the late reply.
Were you able to follow the procedures that I gave you?
Did the screen shots help?

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi: Jessmagz

When I recieved this e-mail Moderator Support <XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX> yesterday it din't come out right and it decrease it on the bright but it is now working at all I can show you on the e-mail & the internet explore.

Bassil

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bassil,

Are you saying that the emails in your Outlook is now showing correctly this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it isn't at all anether the Internet Explore.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Basil,

Have you tried the procedures that I gave you to DECREASE the brightness of your screen? I made an effort to create screen shots to help you follow those steps. Were you able to decrease the brightness of your screen? If not, please do so using the procedures that I gave you.

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did do that when you are saying decrease are you saying to the left because if so I did do that and it still doing the same thing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It dosen't work when I decrease it like you said to do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Jessmagz I want to know if I need to get it darker like would it or could it be the fonts? If so how do I fix thoes? on the e-mails and the Internet Explore?

Thank You

Bassil Hashimi

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Bassil,

When you said "It dosen't work when I decrease it like you said to do", are you saying that you were able to DECREASE the brightness but the problem is still there? Or are you saying that you were NOT able to decrease the brightness at all? Like the slider won't move farther to the left?

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want you to see www.justanswer.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want you to see this and one more that I'll send
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Bassil,

I see these screen shots and they look perfect, not too light or too dark.

What problem do you have there? Is it too light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok to me it look lik the w is not strate can you comepare the e-mail I sent you and can I show one more but tell me w when I open is it supose to slanted or the way I'm tpying to you

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bassil,

I saw the 2 screen shots that you posted and they all look just fine to me. Your email, Outlook 2010 is also showing alright with no issue. Can you please tell me the problem that you have there in your Outlook? (Since it displays just fine in your screen shot). What part of the Outlook screen is too light?

Yes, you can send another screen shot using the method that you used to post the others. Also, please make sure to capture the screen showing the problem and describe to me the problem so that I can look at you screen shot and look for the problem that you just described.

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you know the first E-mail message  of that I sent the color this message  the M in Missuory that is good b to me. off on the side from what I see like the subject A is slanted & nit strat to the side weard not the way I typed to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I type the A do you see it strate when I type to where I look at the A it looks a little crossed from the side in the aubject

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
What did you mean? The screen shots that you gave me look ok or alright.

Are you saying that when you type an "A" you get an "A" with a cross in it? Like this screen shot below?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not like that microsoft words there is normal A and there is a strong A the normal like with a line underd each other that is what I see -

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this normalA this strong A

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
OK. So are you saying that your problem now is that your text have underline in them?

Like this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MAT this the Normal A that I see

MAT this is the strong A

let see if I try and send you a decripion MAT but take a look at these two mats the uper ondosen't cros strate it zig zag

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MAT this the Normal A that I see this has like a weard shap

MAT this is the strong A

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

There is nothing unusual or abnormal in the 2 MATs that you showed. No zigzag they are all level as you type it here.

Can you show me this problem in your Outlook using a screen shot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from e- mail that I recieved from Carrie the w is stanted more to the not like these
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I saw the screen shot and it is your Pictures folder. Where is the problem there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the w like it is to the right when I see it an not the w in web camera
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the picture letter are clear to wear I can read it and not to the \\\
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I saw the screen shot again. Where is the problem here? Is it the STRONG and the Normal items listed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i i i w
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but if you say it looks ok then I'll take your word Could it be the Font of the letter that I see like you e-mail the a is a just answer ///
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Yes Bassil, all the screen shots that you posted show normal or regular. There is no issue that I can pick from it. The fonts are defaults as well.

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay to me look off but if you see okay I'll take your word on it and Thanks
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Bassil.

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I want to learn more about microsoft office 2010 is there a vedio that will tell me a litte more on stuff that I don't know? I f there is let me know just to learn some stuff on it
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Bassil,

There is a free video tutorials here:
http://www.gcflearnfree.org/office2010

There are several PAID video guides from lynda.com, the place for video tutorials for different software. Here is the link:

http://www.lynda.com/office2010/

I hope that helped.
Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jessmagz I like to thank you for your. help .Bassil
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Bassil,

You're most welcome! If you have problems or concerns regarding your computer, please contact me here by posting another question directed to me. You can add "For Jessmagz" in your question so that I can help you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess