JACUSTOMER-83mccr04-, Microsoft Office Instructor
Experience:  Microsoft Certified and 14 years teaching Microsoft Office to corporate and residential

I have a financial spreadsheet that tracks business figures

I have a financial spreadsheet that tracks business figures by code by month (eg Jan/Feb/Mar) and centralises into a yearly spreadsheet (eg 2012). Each monthly spreadsheet is the same. I would like to have a master monthly spreadsheet that allows me to make a change and this change automatically configures through the monthly spreadsheets and the yearly sheet, ie I need to add a new ledger code (eg parts sales) and when I add this it populates through all the spreadsheets. How can I do this?

JACUSTOMER-83mccr04- :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you the best way I can with your question.

If I understand what you want to accomplish correctly, "grouping" the worksheets may be what you're looking for.

For example, if you click on the Jan worksheet tab and then hold down the "shift key" and then click on the Feb, Mar sheet tabs the sheets become "grouped".

Meaning, that whatever you type, format, add, remove applies to all the sheets that are part of the group.

To ungroup the sheets afterwards, you can "right click" on any of them and choose "ungroup sheets".

Please let me know if this helps. I will be glad to assist on any more questions you have on the issue

JACUSTOMER-83mccr04- :

hold down the "control" key not the "shift" key. Actually they will both work, but control allows you to select individual sheets that are non adjacent to each other