rhess
rhess, PC Consultant
Experience:  I have extensive training in all versions of MS Office
64975016

I need an expert in Microsoft Access. I have a problem involving

I need an expert in Microsoft Access. I have a problem involving foreign key assignments and creating reports from fields within three different tables.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  rhess replied 2 years ago.

rhess :

Hello

rhess :

I would be happy to help you with your problem. I can either try to resolve the issue for you, or I can work with you to guide you step by step, but either way, I am going to need to be able to see the document in question. Can you upload it to http://www.wikisend.com and post the download link here please?

rhess :

hello, are you available?

Expert:  rhess replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried to send it twice to you; please review and reply. Thanks!
Expert:  rhess replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry, but I did not get your previous responses. I did see that you had entered the chat session several times, but nothing came through. That is why I have switched it over to this Q&A interface instead......I can see your responses now, do you mind posting the link again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here is the link: wikisend.com/download/193484/scan0040.jpg and wikisend.com/download/285380/scan0041.jpg
Expert:  rhess replied 2 years ago.
Ok....would you like me to just go ahead and complete this then?
Expert:  rhess replied 2 years ago.
I'm working on this for you right now....should be another 30-45 minutes
Expert:  rhess replied 2 years ago.
Ok, the pages you sent me result in a database with 2 tables and 1 report that only pulls information from a single table.

Your original question stated that you are having a problem with PK/FK relationships between 3 tables.

Am I missing something here?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There are four tables: client address information, client financial information, trainer address information and trainer financial information. These result in one query (which I have done) and one report that draws information from the client financial table and the trainer address information table. I am having problems with the primary key/foreign key relationships in order to get the report from both tables. I also need instruction on identifying a field as a foreign key.
Expert:  rhess replied 2 years ago.
Please look at the documents you sent me. They are from pages 66 and 67 of your access book. I think you may have sent me the wrong information.
Can you please review this? It would be best if you sent me the entire access file.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, I looked at the pages and you should have received pages 70-71 They can be found at wikisend.com/download/419052/scan0042.jpg, wikisend.com/download/377946/scan0043.jpg and wikisend.com/download/243700/Lab 2 Philamar.accdb
Expert:  rhess replied 2 years ago.
Ok, this makes a lot more sense now. Let me take a look at this, i'll get back to you ASAP
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm continuing to work on it so I'm at my computer. Just text me! thanks for your help. pam
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is 7:48 p.m. and I just solved it on my own. Thank you.
Expert:  rhess replied 2 years ago.
Ok, the only thing you are missing is a column in your Client table for Trainer number, as specified by the text:

"clients BS27, FI28, and MC28 are assigned to trainer 42"
"Clients CE16, CP27, FL93, HN83 and TE26 are assigned to trainer 48"
"Clients EU28 and PS82 are assigned to trainer 53"

Also, if my interpretation of the text is correct, you are to design the database based on the information given as opposed to just using the pre-made tables. This database would be more properly designed with just 2 tables, 1 for client information and 1 for trainer information.

I have designed the database for you:

http://wikisend.com/download/764524/Lab 2 Philamar.accdb

Expert:  rhess replied 2 years ago.
Looks like you posted right before me.....

Just make sure you use 2 tables, not 4. I can almost promise you are going to lose points if you turn that in with 4 tables....it is not proper protocol for a database to have that much redundant information.
rhess, PC Consultant
Experience: I have extensive training in all versions of MS Office