rhess
rhess, PC Consultant
Experience:  I have extensive training in all versions of MS Office
64975016

I created a newsletter in Publisher 2010 at work and emailed

I created a newsletter in Publisher 2010 at work and emailed it home to work on. I downloaded the file but can not get the download to open at home. i have 2010 here at home also. When I open the download, all I see is the Publisher icon. Is there something else I can do to get the file to open?

rhess :

Would you mind going to http://www.wikisend.com and uploading the file? I would like to try opening it to see if I am able to do so.

Customer:

I just did

Customer:

Are you still working on the issue?

rhess :

Can you upload it to the site and then paste the download link here? Right after you upload, it will give you a URL you can copy and paste here for me to download it

Customer:

Here is the download link: http://wikisend.com/download/403772/Newsletter.pub1.pub

rhess :

Ok, I am able to open the file fine...it's a 6 page newsletter called "ease on down the road." What this indicates to me is that there may be a problem with the installation of Publisher on your home computer.

rhess :

I would first recommend doing a "repair" of the Office 2010 suite

rhess :

There are great instructions for this here: http://helpdeskgeek.com/office-tips/repair-microsoft-office-2010/

Customer:

I tried the repair and it still will not open. I tried creating "dummy" Publisher file on my computer and then tried to open it up and it will not open either.

Can you open Publisher at all?? I mean just the application, not any kind of file? The next step would be to completely uninstall and re-install Publisher.

You can do this by using the same instructions to "Change" the Office installation, but on the first screen this time, you will click "Add or Remove Features." Find "Microsoft Publisher" on the list, click on the drop down list button beside it, and select "Not Available." Click continue and navigate through the prompts, reboot, and then use the same procedures to re-install, except this time you will select the drop down list and select "Run from my computer." You will probably need your office disk to complete.

If this STILL doesn't work, I would recommend a complete uninstall of the entire Office suite followed by a reboot and a re-install.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will try that when I go home from the office this evening. Thanks!
Ok, just let me know.