John D
John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant

Hi John you did some work for me on an Excel Cash flow spreadsheet

Hi John you did some work for me on an Excel Cash flow spreadsheet a few months ago, If possible I would like to use the same spreadsheet to cashflow some expenses. The Excel spreadsheet has a date that the expenses have to be paid, I need for these cost to be placed in there respective week the expense is being inccurred. For example I have an expense that need to be paid on Wednesday 15th August but need to see that cost in the weekending friday 18th August. All Expenses need to roll into the next Friday ending. Hope you can help.

Cheers Mick

Hi again Mick

Sure, can you send me the latest file as I don't think I have the old file any longer

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi John,

how do i upload the file again, sorry I forgot. In the upload the col's in red can be deleted and the ones in Orange are the ones that need to remain, Col (A) is for my referance.

Ok go to and upload the file using the Browse button (no need to signup) then copy the "File ID" number (or the download link) that you will be given and paste it here in your reply.

If the file has sensitive information let me know before you upload it

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok so the Expense Date is in column C, and the Expense Amount is in column D, and the old the macro is not to be used in this file. Correct?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok thanks

I am on it now. Should have it ready in about 30 mins...

Here you go

Please check it and let me know if needs any tweaking

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Almost there, it seems to stop working on row 203. I have added two new col's in as a check step col's G & H it would be good to keep these in the spreadsheet.

Cheers Mick

That is because rows 203 and below have dates that are beyond the last date that you have set in row 1 which is 13 May 2013

If the macro worked per the data that you have provided please go ahead and rate the answer so I get credit for my work. I will be happy to continue and look into the new file and any further issues.

Thanks Mick

I am looking now at the new file. One moment please ......

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It's OK mate I just changed the date fileds in row (A) and all is working fine.

Thanks Again, Cheers Mick

Just in case, here is the new file with the dates extended to year 2015, and the formulas and code modified accordingly

Have a great weekend

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Cheers mate you too, I'll be sure to get in touch with my next problem!