NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I set up a template which is more like a header. It has a six

Customer Question

I set up a template which is more like a header. It has a six word title, and a picture w/ it. I stored it in a template file and have no trouble installing both the print and the picture. I have tried to set up the form w/ any changes and have tried to accept them so that I can begin to use the printed page as I designed it. It is very simple. As I say it will be used simply as a personal letterhead.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 4 years ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help with this issue

Steve Herrod :

Can you let me know the software you are using?

Steve Herrod :

and would it be possible to share the template at all?

Steve Herrod :

Let me know

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

JACUSTOMER-67usftp7- :

SOFTWARE IS WORDS OFFICE HOME AND STUDENT 2010. I HAVE NO REASON NOT TO SHARE MY TEMPLATE, BUT HOW IS THIS DONE? I'M 65 YRS OLD WITH NO COMPUTER EXPERIENCE. THIS INFO WAS JUST SO THAT YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE DEALING WITH.

JACUSTOMER-67usftp7- :

I want to use normal print with bold and a single page to deal with. Text should be aligned from my right margin.

Steve Herrod :

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the template we'll need to use another website

Steve Herrod :

if you go to wikisend.com

Steve Herrod :

and choose upload

Steve Herrod :

you can select the template file you wish to share

Steve Herrod :

and then it will give you a link and file ID that I can use to download the template

JACUSTOMER-67usftp7- :

WERE WE ABLE TO GRANT YOUR REQUEST?

Steve Herrod :

were you able to go to wikisend.com

Steve Herrod :

and upload the file?

JACUSTOMER-67usftp7- :

yes

Steve Herrod :

ok - did it give you a link or file ID?

JACUSTOMER-67usftp7- :

it was located in recent places,templates, doc2

Steve Herrod :

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX little confused - would it be easier if we arranged for someone with remote access to connect to your machine and help you that way?

JACUSTOMER-67usftp7- :

SURE, YOU THINK YOU ARE CONFUSED! YOU SHOULD BE IN MY SHOES.

Steve Herrod :

not at all - ok, I will opt out for an expert with remote access to take over

Steve Herrod :

they will notify you as soon as they are availabke

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

JACUSTOMER-67usftp7- :

THANK YOU, STEVE

JACUSTOMER-67usftp7- :

It's 11:40. Do we have anyone on this issue?

Steve Herrod :

Apologies - it is in the queue to be picked up, hopefully as more people are coming online they should be able to do this quickly

Steve Herrod :

Steve

JACUSTOMER-67usftp7- :

Can you please opt out so that another expert could answer my question. Thank you for assistance.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is Jess and I am glad to assist you today.

Do you still need help on this problem? Please upload a copy of your template to http://wikisend.com

After uploading, you will get a 6-digit file ID or a download link. Please copy and paste that file id or download link here when you reply so that I can download your file.

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Jess, wikisend wouldn't let me sign in w/ my e-mail address. I think the file is under microsoft templates jpeg image
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for writing back.

Do you know exactly the location of the TEMPLATE that you are referring to? You mentioned that you set up that template so I believe that you saved it in a known location. Now, regarding wikisend, there is no need to register. Just upload the file and you shall get a 6-digit file ID or a download link. Paste the link here when you reply do that I can get your template.

Jess
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Jess, my head is spinning. I know that I have three photos that I wish to be able to pick from, and use depending on what content I'm going to write. The photos are located in my windows live photo gallery. I made a template file somewhere, but right now it's lost in space.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, you mentioned about it as located in "

"it was located in recent places,templates, doc2"

Have you checked it from there?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Jess, doc 7 has one. Microsoft templates Jpeg image shows 1 selected
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, can you capture a screen shot and post it here so that I can see your screen?
If you are able to capture a screen shot, you can use the paper clip icon to attach the image here.

For more information about capturing a screen shot, click here:
http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Here is my screen shot:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just tried the screen shot ,I don't know if I did it right, or if it was made available to tou
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Have you seen my screen shot in my last reply?
I did not get the screen shot that you might have posted.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry Jess, In case you haven't already figured it out, I haven't got a clue what I'm doing. How do I post a screen shot ?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Have you seen that screen shot that I posted earlier? Here it is again, click on the thumbnail to see the bigger image:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
In that image, I pointed with a red arrow the paper click that you can use to attach the screen shot that you created.

If you do not have the paper clip in your screen there, please go to this site below:

http://wikisend.com

Upload the picture that you created there, then copy the download link or the 6 digit file ID that is displayed on screen after you upload.

Then post the download link or the file id when you reply so that I can get your screen shot.

Jess
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a couple possibilities- Microsoft Templates 899x1280 JPG, location templates- c:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the exact locations of the templates and the files they are in. No more hunting,or guessing, but I still need them installed in conjunction with my words program. I need to be able to pick any one of the three and have them accepted so that I can type on the letterhead suitable for the type of composition I'm doing without a lot of extra aggravation. The templates are filed as: Microsoft Templates- Type,JPEG/Exif. These are saved in c:\Users\Owner\Pictures. There are 3 images, 0001.jpg-0002. jpg, and 0003.jpg. Sorry that it took all afternoon to do this, but I'm not too skilled with the world of the internet. Tom
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Hi Tom,

Thank you for that information. Are these image files 0001.jpg-0002. jpg, and 0003.jpg in your c:\Users\Owner\Pictures folder the screen shot that you want to send to me?

I cannot see them sine it is only on your computer. Please upload the 3 files to this site, one at a time.

http://wikisend.com

After uploading a file, you will be able to get a 6 digit File ID or a download link. Please copy that 6-digit file ID and post it here when you reply so that I can get your files. You have 3 files, so you need to upload the 3 and you shall get 3 file IDs.

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I . don't know how to upload anything. Also these photos, templates are all in the same file. I don't know whether that is the way to have them, but it seemed to be the easiest way to store them. It took all afternoon yesterday to eliminate lots of files and places loaded with old, or useless material. I did this to help me get this stuff into one area so it would be accessible. There were pictures and partial ones everywhere that they didn't belong, and things I couldn't do because of open files, or things that needed to be closed, or deleted entirely. Thank you for your patience in dealing with me. Tom
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Hi Tom,

I am really sorry I find it hard to visualize your problem from my end. That is why a screen shot will be useful.

Are these 3 images that you mentioned screen shots that you created?

To upload, just click on the website link that I give you, then then screen that you get will tell you what to do.

Jess
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Jess, I have a password that might let you access my computer from yours.
could we try that approach?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Hi Tom,

I am sorry but I have no remote access capability. At this point, I will opt out so that other experts with the remote access capability can remotely work on your computer for a faster resolution.

Thank you for your patience and I hope that one of my fellow experts with remote access can help you with your situation.

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How can I make sure the next expert has the remote capability required to assist me ?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Tom,

Other experts can read our posts here so he/she will know that you need remote access.

Jess