Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP; Microsoft Office, etc.

I have been trying to type in the Product Code for Microsoft

I have been trying to type in the Product Code for Microsoft Office since I purchased my Computer 2 years ago. The Product Code I am using is situated underneath the Computer. However, They keep saying the key is incorrect. I have used Capitals and Lower case.
I have also tried my Home Office and Student Code which is also not accepted. This product was already installed on the old Computer and transferred to the New Computer'

First, the product key underneath the computer is not for Microsoft Office software; it is for windows.

Please make sure that you know your exact product key for the Microsoft Office Home & Student.

What was the version of the Microsoft Office Home & Student did you buy, i.e., 2007 or 2010? You might need to install the correct version on the new computer.

Do you have the Microsoft Office Home & Student software cd/dvd disk?

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Home and Student 2007 Purchased 17/04/2010

I dont know where to find the Program pre installed with my Toshiba Laptop Computer 2/09/2010
Please go to Control Panel, and uninstall all Microsoft office program(s)

, then restart the computer, and download and install the office home & student 2007 version at the website

, then enter your office home & student 2007 product key.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate bad or poor service, please stop and click on the REPLY tab and reply with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was unable to download the 2010 Version as suggested, what did I do wrong I used your internet code.
I also would like to be able to use the pre installed program if I knew where to get the Product code. from my Toshiba.
Each new computer nowadays comes pre-installed with a trial version of office 2010; the Office product key does not come from Toshiba or any computer manufacturer; it comes from Microsoft, and you have to purchase office 2010 in order to get the 2010 product key.

The link I gave you is for office 2007 version, which was the one you bought previously.

What happens when you click on the website link to download? What's the error message?

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have uninstalled and installed from the cd and entered the Product code for Home Office and Student and all seems O.K.

I will have to purchase Office from Microsoft if I want to use 2010 version.

Thank You I will leave it at that.
Great. You're welcome. Yes, I asked about the office 2007 cd disk previously; if you did not have the office disk, then you could use the link I've given previously to download office 2007. If there is still any issue later, please let me know any time via this web page. Also, please rate my service. Thank you.