James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My windows crashed. Ive reloaded windows and Office 2010 and

My windows crashed. I've reloaded windows and Office 2010 and am trying to add a yahoo email account to Outlook. Everything stops when it tries to send a test email. It looks like Outlook is unable to connect to my server. Iam on a wireless server with an excellent connection. IE connects.
HELP says to select Work Off line.
I can't find the place to select that in Outlook.

Is there something I need to do to get Outlook to connect the the server? Where is Preferences?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome,

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your issues.

IMPORTANT: Before we work on this question, please bookmark this page in case we got cut off, for revisits, and for reference. Windows: Ctrl + D to save to favorites. You can come back by going back to Favorites/Bookmarks and click on the saved link.

Please go to File -> Account Settings->Email. Select your email from the list and click Change. Check your incoming and outgoing servers:

● Incoming Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

● Outgoing Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Select More Settings. Go to Outgoing server tab. Make sure to check the 1st box and Use same as incoming server information.

Go to Advanced tab, make sure the settings are:

● Incoming Port - 993 (requires SSL)

● Outgoing Port - 465 (requires SSL)

Please let me know if this method worked out or not. If not, please DO NOT RATE MY ANSWER. Reply to me by clicking on the Reply to Expert button. Thank you!

IMPORTANT: PLEASE ONLY RATE MY ANSWER WHEN YOU ARE DONE OR 100% SATISFIED. And remember that YOU ARE RATING MY HELP/SERVICE and not site-issues or the outcome of this question. If my answer worked, please rate 3 or more rating so I can get credit.

If you have any questions or concerns, DO NOT RATE YET! Please reply to me by click on the REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE THIS CONVERSATION button. You will be able to work with me and resolve your issue.

Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i don't have an email in set up in outlook. i tried a different account (not yahoo) and it looked like it worked but it didn't.

it did send a test email - i saw it on my iphone.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.

You have a different email account? What is the email ends with? Please give me after the @ like aol.com, gmail.com.

The test email went through and you can see it on your iphone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm working on my wife's computer. I tried my email (XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX). Everything looked good but the emails from my account didn't show up after I set it up and the account isn't listed in

outlook.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.

Sorry I did not see your email address as it is filtered.

Please give me AFTER the @ only. Like gmail.com or aol.com.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

mac.com fargo48@

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i lost you. I'm seeing an answer about facebook.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.

Please go to the email settings and give me what you have.

Go to File -> Account Settings->Email. Select your email from the list and click Change. Give me the incoming and outgoing servers.

Go to More Settings->Advanced. Give me the incoming and outgoing server PORT number and security mode.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have no email accounts. It's a new load from a blank slate. I cant get any emails set up.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.

If you go to Files->Accounts Settings->Email->New, fill out your email info to setup. Do you get any error messages?

Are you using Mac or PC?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pc
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.

I think it is best to have an expert with remote access to assist you. Let me reopen your question. You can bookmark this page. Save to your Favorites or Bookmarks so you can go back later on.

You should get email notifications when an expert replies.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Thanks
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Hello

My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem

Remote means i can see your issue and fix this for you

Its fully Secure and Built into the Just Answer System and you can see what i am doing at all times

If you wish i can send you the details to connect

Cheers James
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm ready.
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=daa60719-db3c-455b-bcad-c7702683c9c2&SUPPORT=NET

Click the Link above then

1) Click Agree
2) Download and Run the Screenconnect.exe
3) Click Run/OK/Yes if asked
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just got the site up. I have no email on thee computer. I'm on a different machine
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Right on the computer you have a problem

Log into JustAnswer > Click on My questions in the top Right

Then click on your Question it will bring you to this Page then

Click the Link above then

1) Click Agree
3) Click Run/OK/Yes if asked
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Cheers James
James K., Consultant
Experience: Technical Director of IT Company